Book XXXIII

hutch2mutch

Marines in blue and gold fighting against an Ultramarine and Imperial Fist?

Could be related to the Night Lords finding themselves nearby Sothis, if I recall the beacon-world of Ultramar's name correctly.

Aye, that's what makes me think it might be related. An Ultramarine world with an Imperial Fist present, Night Lords fleet nearby.

But that's a wild guess. It could be unrelated to any previous story.

I think this is a major battle, if the light of Sotho falls... Imperium secundus has for all intents and purposes failed.. It's gonna be the kick up the behind for sanguine us to shift his butt and maybe the lion too.

Looking at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/314909-book-xxxiii/, "The dying of the light...", I think your onto something.

Very interesting, considering there are 2 more Ultramar / shadow crusade books coming out the first half of next year. Guess they will linger a while on the topic due to the upcoming plastic HH game.

Given that the short story, "A safe and shadowed place", by Guy Haley, was about Night Lords in Ultramar, I'm going out on a limb and say this will be the first Guy Haley Horus Heresy novel. And I couldn't be more excited at that possibility!

Given that the short story, "A safe and shadowed place", by Guy Haley, was about Night Lords in Ultramar, I'm going out on a limb and say this will be the first Guy Haley Horus Heresy novel. And I couldn't be more excited at that possibility!

Ditto, I think new full-length novel authors is exactly what the series needs, and Guy Haley has shown good promise so far. Hunter's Moon, Strike and Fade, Unspoken, The Shards of Erebus, The Final Compliance of 63-14, A Safe and Shadowed Place, The Laurel of Defiance and the magnificent Twisted. I can honestly say he's never really disappointed me in the series, and seems able to turn his hand to a wide range of legions. Seriously hoping this is his first full entry in the series.

it makes sense, as the HH's goal seems to be describing every side battle possible without advancing the actual story

WLK

Except this would be advancing the story. Nothing has happened yet at Sotha and the only thing the Night Lord fleet has done is show up.

it makes sense, as the HH's goal seems to be describing every side battle possible without advancing the actual story

WLK

Except this would be advancing the story. Nothing has happened yet at Sotha and the only thing the Night Lord fleet has done is show up.

Although even then no doubt there will be those dismissing it as garbage because it's not Terra yet :p

WLK

Although even then no doubt there will be those dismissing it as garbage because it's not Terra yet :p

True.

WLK

Personally I see this as more of a detour (like the sheer number of Shattered Legion stories...) rather than advancing Horus's goal to Terra.

its a 7 year war I believe, but the main advance hasnt been detailed in a while (unless there is a publication I am not aware of). 

WLK

WLK

Personally I see this as more of a detour (like the sheer number of Shattered Legion stories...) rather than advancing Horus's goal to Terra.

its a 7 year war I believe, but the main advance hasnt been detailed in a while (unless there is a publication I am not aware of).

WLK

Going by Forge World's timeline, it's 9 years (from Isstvan III to Terra). But regardless, if all the series focused on was Horus heading for Terra, we'd have about half a dozen novels. There's a lot more to it than just "Isstvan III -> Isstvan V -> Terra", and that's exactly what I want from the series. I wanted to see it fleshed out as an actual galactic civil war, with many different conflicts, fronts and plots going on.

That is just me though smile.png I'm happy to see things like this, provided they're good stories.

Hmmm, I think that is a bit of a slight on WLK and many of us who would like to see some movement beyond the Ultarmar Sector. As you say it was a galaxy wide civil war, so why we need an indeterminable amount of novels and short stories etc, covering Ultramar is getting a bit silly.

A lot of crap happened in a lot of other places, how about some of that get covered? And maybe some of it could involve Horus? Or maybe I dunno, other legions or army units or Navy.

Seems Imperium Secondus is becoming BL's Imperium Primus and we will soon be seeing the siege of New Terra :P

Imperium Secundus is a significant part of the plot, but plenty of other things are being covered. This isn't to dismiss your opinion if you don't like the content of the stories covering Ultramar, or if you just don't think it needs the coverage at all, but I think it's inaccurate to claim that no one and nothing else is being seen.

Imperium Secundus is a very limited part of the plot... Word Bearer suicide units & friends tried to smash a legion and then brought on the Ruinstorm while Lorgar tries to fix his psycho brother.

Its only being significant because BL are piling every Primarch, character and random Legion they can into that corner of space

Eventually the Dark Angels tootle off and the Blood Angels head for Terra, leaving the Ultramarines behind.

And yes other stuff has been written, but in shorts or anthologies or in ludicrously priced limited editions. What number book was Know no Fear? How many full sized regular novels between there and book 23 (and include Mark of Calth because it was an anthology entirely in that area.

Why can't we see more on where the Scars went, or Death Guard after the encounter with the Dark Angles.... Why can't we see some of the other famous armies and characters fighting their part of the war, instead of more Ultra's and pals or shattered legions stuff...

Hopefully this will be the book that breaks the traitors hold in the Ultramar area of space and BL will branch into other areas of conflict with mainstream books at decent prices instead of their stupid high priced limited nonsense

Imperium Secundus is a very limited part of the plot... Word Bearer suicide units & friends tried to smash a legion and then brought on the Ruinstorm while Lorgar tries to fix his psycho brother.

Its only being significant because BL are piling every Primarch, character and random Legion they can into that corner of space.

They said they were going to do that back in Aurelian. Which was a year I think before Know No Fear. Still, Imperium Secundus wasn't something they just trundled into. It was planned.

Its only being significant because BL are piling every Primarch, character and random Legion they can into that corner of space

Eventually the Dark Angels tootle off and the Blood Angels head for Terra, leaving the Ultramarines behind.

And yes other stuff has been written, but in shorts or anthologies or in ludicrously priced limited editions. What number book was Know no Fear? How many full sized regular novels between there and book 23 (and include Mark of Calth because it was an anthology entirely in that area.

Why can't we see more on where the Scars went, or Death Guard after the encounter with the Dark Angles.... Why can't we see some of the other famous armies and characters fighting their part of the war, instead of more Ultra's and pals or shattered legions stuff...

Hopefully this will be the book that breaks the traitors hold in the Ultramar area of space and BL will branch into other areas of conflict with mainstream books at decent prices instead of their stupid high priced limited nonsense

That's the exact reason we need to be excited for this book, because that's what it is... Hopefully hahaha

Archived