Reaper autocannon battery

Caillum

I always thought that the Fire Raptor's Reaper autocannon battery was "Heavy 4, Twin-linked" divided across the 2 emplacements (2 shots from each side). Now that I've put this in text, it sounds ridiculous, but there you go.

In the options, it doesn't list a cost per battery, just:

"A Fire Raptor may exchange its quad heavy bolters for

- Reaper autocannon battery... +XX points"

The model sure looks like a Reaper autocannon on either side, making a "battery" of them. What do people think?

I disagree. For the purposes of firing, each waist turret is able to fire independently of the other. The methodology you are proposing means that both turrets are effectively the same battery, and so wouldn't be able to fire at different targets because they are split on completely different sides of the aircraft. Also, the wording says you may exchange its quad heavy bolters - it has two of them, so it exchanges both for the cost.

It's clearly meant to be 4 shots from each side

In case you're interested, the 40k Space Marine version only gets regular twin linked autocannons (so Heavy 2) to the annoyance of many who wish we had the Reaper version. in 30k, each gun is Heavy 4. At for the cost, it's for both (seeing how you can't change only one set).

Yeah, I looked at the 40k download thinking it might help. FYI, a Reaper autocannon is simply a twin-linked autocannon with only 36" range. At least the 40k Fire Raptor has 48" range.

It seems the Reaper autocannon BATTERY is a very specific weapon! The fluff says it uses the Storm Eagle chassis, exchanging transport capacity for ammuntion, so it makes sense. Wouldn't want to be underneath it as it expels shell casings! :)

Archived