HoR Kill Team - IG / Inquisition question

nismogrendel

Quick questions about kill team lists.  I am looking at the IG and Inquisition pdfs for HoR Kill Team.  

How do I interpret the following:

"You may only take one Tempestor for every five Tempestus Scions you take."
Does that mean I take 5 Scions, now I can purchase a Tempestor?

Or can I just purchase a Tempestor and I cannot buy a 2nd until I have 6+ Scions?

Also Veteran Acolytes...

"For every five Veteran Acolytes you take in your team, one model may replace any one weapon with:"

Does that mean if I only take one Vet Acolyte, I can purchase the upgrade?

I want to make sure my lists is legal/fair... and I'm also trying to make sure I don't take any unnecessary 'tax' models :) 

One last question about psychic powers / large blast templates.  These scatter according to regular rules right?  Based on ballistic skill?

Blast Templates still scatter, but you don't really get any Large Blasts in the game. However, if the Blast Scatters, it automatically stops scattering once it hits a wall or other obstruction, and only the half of its radius not blocked by the wall inflicts damage.

Blast Templates still scatter, but you don't really get any Large Blasts in the game. However, if the Blast Scatters, it automatically stops scattering once it hits a wall or other obstruction, and only the half of its radius not blocked by the wall inflicts damage.

Coffee, the one I was looking at is in the inquisition 2.0 pdf, page 5.  

The Psychic Barrage power is showing "Assault 1, Large Blast, Augment*"

I was bouncing some idea of a heavy pskyer list using that interesting "Augment" special rule.  

Instead, I'm leaning towards 1x Crusader, 1x Death Cult Assassins, 1x Inquisitor for my INQ special model selection.

Trying to decide if 30pts is better used to make the Inquisitor into a psyker, or buy a few more models instead. 

I would turn him into a Psyker, personally. You'll have access to a whole phase others may not get*. Roast some scum or buff your boys, either way it'll be an edge.

*It's been a little while since I read the HoR rules but I think you get what I mean.

Yeah, being a digital only document, the...unofficial...copies did not get the updates and nobody seems to have posted the newest version anywhere. If you DL'd it from Black Library, download it again for the updated copy.

Oh are you talking about the GW kill team? 

My friend and I are looking at the Heralds of Ruin kill team PDFs. 

I looked thru the HoR faq and didn't see anything about that power above.

Ok cool thats easy enough smile.png

I started painting a Kasrkin sgt model last night. It's coming along nicely.

My list is at 172 points so far.

Tempestor Prime - 4++ armor

Tempestor (Kasrkin sgt)

Scion - plasmagun / targeter (reroll 1s)

Scion - medi-pack (FNP)

Scion x4 - hot shot lasgun

The HoR pdf says if entire army is Tempestus models, can use Tempestus orders.

This got me looking at their order chart again.

They can give either twin-link or preferred enemy. Aren't those almost the same thing? I'm thinking for a plasma gunner (ignore his reroll 1s equipment). Twin link.. I reroll 1s & 2s. Preferred enemy I reroll 1s. What am I missing here? I don't have my rulebook here at work to double check these rules.

*edit* Ok I think I got it.

Twin Linked: reroll failed hits, AND buffs scatter dice results, AND buffs to wound/pen from template weapons

Preferred Enemy: reroll both failed hits and wounds of 1

I see the difference now, makes me understand why Scions can order either one.

Archived