Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

I am entering into 1350 pt tournament with my sisters were one CAD can only be used then allies, it also must remain fluffy.

So I was wondering what's the best way to build a Hereticus inquisitor with retinue that gives you bang for buck.

Looking to spend around 350pts on inquisitor and retinue.

You could give him a Psyocculum. Then load a lot of plasma onto the =][= and his henchmen (basically just shoe-horn as many plasma guns/pistols in as you can). This makes for a pretty nasty little unit which is excellent at dealing with Psykers - particularly Grey Knights, and big gribbly Tyranids. It has the added advantage of being quite "anti-witch", so fits the SoB's background quite well too... Of course, you could toss the "abhor the witch" thing out the window to an extent, and make the =][= a ML 1 Psyker himself, and hope to roll up the Divination(?) power that gives you "Ignores Cover"...

Potentially add some kind of transport for them as well? A Chimera (more fire points).

I've been on the receiving end of this kind of unit a number of times, and it can put out a fearsome amount of plasma shots (which never* miss against Psykers).

*They're statistically very unlikely to miss when firing at BS10. Your mileage may vary. Plasma guns are temperamental at best, and are prone to rolling successive 1's at the most inopportune time. The author in no way guarantees any success while using this unit, and disclaims any and all liability for any fluffed rolls or fatal accidents caused by overheating weaponry! biggrin.png

It depends on what you want the Warband to do, honestly. If you're going to be shooting with them that's one build and if you are going to be going into the grinder of close combat that's a whole other can of worms. Without knowing what you want right now, I'll post one of each. Eh, best to not post a build of a dual build because they usually get wiped out by something explosive.

Witch Hunter Stabby Build [353 pts]

Power Armour

Null Rod

Condemnor Boltgun

Psyocculum

Servo-skulls (2)

Acolytes [3]

Carapace Armour [3]

Power Fist - Acolyte 1

Power Weapon - Acolyte 2

Flamer - Acolyte 3

Arco-flagellants [3]

Crusaders [3]

Death Cult Assassins [2]

Ministorum Priest

Eviscerator

Witch Hunter Shooty Build [350 pts]

Psyker Lvl 1

Force Sword

Inferno Pistol

Psyocculum

Liber Heresius

Acolytes [5]

Carapace Armour [5]

Power Weapon - Acolyte 1

Plasma Pistol - Acolyte 1

Meltagun - Acolyte 2

Hot-shot Lasguns [3] - Acolytes 3-5

Acolytes [5]

Carapace Armour [5]

Hot-shot Lasguns [2] - Acolytes 1-2

Plasma Guns [3] - Acolytes 3-5

Chimera

Crusader

Hope those lists help some. Do well in your tournament!

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif!

It says that acolytes may only take one item from the inquistiorial weapons group and only 3 can do so per retinue.

Which means your power weapon/plas combo doesn't work.

And that there are too many inquisitorial weapons taken. Or are you saying to break them into two groups of five?

What about?

Allied Inquisitorial Detatchment:

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, Psyker Lvl 1, Force Sword, Inferno Pistol, Psyocculum, Liber Heresius

114pts

Acolyte, carapace armour, plasma gun

18pts

18pts

18pts

Jokaero

35pts

Jokaero

35pts

Servitor, plasma cannon

20pts

Servitor, plasma cannon

20pts

Chimera, heavy Bolter, heavy Bolter, psy flame ammunition, dozer blades

55pts

If you're looking to take power weapons with Acolytes more often than not it's better to just turn said acolyte into either a Crusader or a DeathCult Assassin

Yeah, I can't really envision any situation where an acolyte with power weapon would be better than a crusader. The crusader is cheaper and has a storm shield, not to mention +1 WS on the acolyte.

Archived