Leman Russ Ragnarok

Buster

I happened to come across a few pics of these tanks and thought they would be a fun addition to my armoured company. Am I wrong in guessing that most are built with a chimera hull and KV-2 turret? I'm hoping that's the case since I've got about four chimera just sitting around collecting dust.

According to the Warhammer Wiki, its more of a cobbled together vehicle, designed as a stopgap measure. It isn't based normally on the normal chassis known to the IG.

However, as WarriorFish says, there isn't a standard model, and using the Chimera chassis could work pretty well, in fact awesomely. I'd be very interested in seeing your results.

Good job on the model, but I question how it fits the in-game fluff. If the mounted weapon is no better than the Leman Russ Punisher's Gatling cannon, why bother using a new turret? Is it not a Punisher Gatling cannon, but an Imperial Knight's Avenger Gatling cannon, whose heavier recoil necessitates a new turret?

Bjorn, the fluff around the Ragnarok is that the Deathkorps of Krieg needed a cheap, easy to mass-produce tank, which is why it looks so crude. I would hazard a guess that the Punisher gun you see in the image is either the "rule of cool," or Buster just wants some fluffy looking Kreig tanks to match his army look-and-feel, with weapons that are in the current codex.

Either way, it looks great Buster! Can't wait to see the paint job!

What scale tank was that from buster? Am currently working on a Russian themed regiment and am converting a largish tank for them, I think I need something a bit bigger than the one you posted but if you tell me the scale I will have some idea how big I need to go cheers.

Also can we get a pic of that turret on a chimera?

Iirc the ragnarok had two heavy stubber turrets, do you plan to add them?

The turret is 1/48 scale. That's a regular punisher gatling gun mounted since I plan on using it as my Pask counts as. The original plan was to have this on a chimera chassis but I'm kinda liking the look on a russ hull. I'll have to wait till I get my hands on some better tools before trying the chimera hull though, I don't want to rush it and damage anything right now.

Archived