808th Merican Fusiliers (large pics)

Master Antaeus

(Edit: Pics did not initially appear because I am allergic to proper forum manipulation)

So, I've prattled on about unit choices for my chosen codex, but very little about the army itself. First, a little background.

I am an American; a good friend of mine (also American) went to school for finance in England and still lives there. Last year, we were going to England and there was no way I was going unless the wife agreed to turn me loose with my buddy at Warhammer World for a day while we were there.

We didn't go, but now, with Harry Potter premiering, my wife suddenly wants to go again and is prepared to concede to my outrageous hobby demands if I shut up while she gushes at a Harry Potter play. Challenge accepted.

So my buddy told me I would be playing against his Horus using 40k vs HH rules and I am determined to kill Horus and turn around to the rest of WW and shout something like "You can all go home, the warmaster is dead."

But what army is fun to play, doesn't take up a whole bunch of space and can uniquely export my effervescent American exceptionalism where they want to hear it least? Why, American-themed Militarum Tempestus, of course!

So, with that, I give you WiP pics of my Fusiliers. Most are Castellan green, but one squad is desert and one is urban. I still need to base them and tone down the highlights. I wanted them to look like an army of survivors. Apologies for the dreadful picture quality of my phone.

These guys, along with a single Knight Paladin and an Inquisitor, will be making the long trek across the ocean to do battle in the Emperor's name.

Lore

The courts of Merica are obsessed with spectacle and celebrity. On the few occasions where they raise regiments for the Astra Militarum, it is always to great fanfare and wealthy cartel sponsors always ensure the finest recruits and equipment money can buy. When they go to battle, the Fusiliers are always accompanied by embedded Imperial film crews to try to capture them at their most heroic. Imperial leadership scoffs at this ridiculous pageantry, but the violent Mericans are quite insistent.

gallery_72461_11407_2305.jpg

gallery_72461_11407_22313.jpg

gallery_72461_11407_60036.jpg

That would be amazing. Make sure to get a picture of his face as Horus dies. And a tip for not losing to an HH army. Try to DS an anti-tank squad behind his biggest tanks, and try to pop them fast. You'll still have lots of problems. But great painting and good luck!

Archived