The Auric Armour

Phalanx Warder

So I was looking at Rogal Dorn and his Auric Armor and having read it ~20 times I am baffled at the wording that FW used.

"In addition, no attack may wound Rogal Dorn on better than 3+ regardless of its Streignth or special rules. Note Destroyer weapons attacks are unaffected"

does this mean that a S10 weapon is only wounding him on a roll of a 2 or 3?

Or have I lost the plot? <----- this is quite possible.

My interpretation is that EVERYTHING aside from strength D weapons wound on 3+

Unless they need a higher roll right? That would be silly: Shoot Dorn with Lasguns! It's super effective!

Pretty sure it just means S8/9/10 is rolling to wound on 3+ rather than 2+? And I guess Fleshbane or Poison (2+) is rolling 3+ to wound as well?

This.

WHFB had plenty of stuff worded just like this. 

My interpretation is that EVERYTHING aside from strength D weapons wound on 3+

Unless they need a higher roll right? That would be silly: Shoot Dorn with Lasguns! It's super effective!

Lol I knew they'd prove useful eventually! But yes, that's exactly how I see it.

This might be one for Forge World, It also says that it is the same material at the big E himself so that has me thinking that it may have some funky rules. when i chop up the statement i see it like this:

[no wound on better than 3+ regardless of its Streignth or special rules. Note Destroyer weapons attacks are unaffected]

Guys, I'm not seeing where a huge issue is coming from.

The rule literally states "no weapon may wound Rogal Dorn on better than a 3+ Regardless of its strength or special rules" correct?

What's better than a 3+ when you're rolling to wound? A 2+. What's worse than a 3+ when you're rolling to wound? A 4,5 or 6+.

That weapon would wound Dorn on a 2+ bc of strength or special rules? Well now it wounds him on a 3+ instead. This other gun would need a 5+ to wound Dorn? Well it isn't better than a 3+, so the rule does not affect it.

Hope that doesn't sound condescending, but I'm a little lost as to the confusion.

Its not that I was confused but that I initially read it in a WAY more absolute way than some of yall did.

But, since Dorn doesnt have a model yet and I havent actually used him it was never a problem for me to begin with :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived