DOW Imperial Guard anti ork

HenricusTyranicus

Try taking flamers and grenade launchers instead of plasma guns. Hellhounds are useful in getting rid of the mobs of greenskins. Also, be sure to upgrade your units and get some stuff that'll be tough to kill, like ogryns. 

Orks are mostly about amassing infantry in that game, so equipping your troops with grenade launchers will go a huge way to negating Ork infantry. Have a big enough Guard regiment, equipped with enough grenade launchers, and they'll be too busy getting tossed around to get into melee.

Honestly, I never equip my Guardsmen with anything else. Grenade launchers aren't heavy damage-dealers, but it makes them nigh invulnerable to other infantry units. And you've got some of the best armor in the game to deal with any other threats.

I may not be the best person to give advice though. I mostly play on easy with a resource boost to start off. :p

Yeah, grenade launchers are great for annoying melee troops. Get enough troops with the longer range guns and your troops will see that the green tide becomes more of a slight ebb. Even works on higher difficulty with no handicaps ;) Can't go wrong with some HWTs either, much like on the table top through enough shots at the enemy and they drop well enough. If it's early game you're having trouble with get your barracks in a good spot ASAP to you can scuttle inside, get enough units (Techpriests too) inside and it increases the fire power being sent out nicely. Send them packing and hop out to continue, hiding again should it become necessary. Sentinels are good early AT to get too as it's always a rush to that.

Sounds like you need to get in your bunkers! That or keep them busy with combined arms - they can't target all your troops and Sentinels. They are a bit irritating but nothing that can't be sorted without superior fire power, when in doubt get more units!

Archived