++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - November '15 ++

Kor'Vesh

@Kor'Vesh- Thanks Kor, I will get back to them but the Sons of Horus have taken my fancy this week haha :lol: Maybe one day I'll finish an army.....maybe.

@fire golem, @Black_out- The stakes have been raised ;) I think I'll be lucky to get one done haha :lol:

I admit I am interested to see your color scheme for the SoH though. I still have no mental picture of how I think it should look.

Leoric - Nice to see you in for the month - and jelous that you have a warden!

Thanks, and it is an honour to join all of you again.

It seems, that I will finally have the time - and the paints - to take up the brush again. Last year when I got the Errant I absolutely fell in love with the Knights! They are a great fun to assemble and paint!

I swear they started out primed black but I have no photogaphic proof. Now they're basecoated and I'm beginning to start detail painting.

Deduct points as necessary of course, this is really just to get me painting again lol

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/20151102_180734_zps9bvilnxw.jpg

Nice to see so many early pledges this month! Really pushes me to sort out the tech priests sooner rather than later..such a paltry offering they be ;)

(ticking.... TICKING... breath is just...)

//Nevindar

@ Black out - no deductions. I can easily believe those we painted in November. Its essentially a blue undercoat.

@ Barrabas - nothing says Death Guard like a marine beating on a guy with a concrete lollypop. Love them.

@ Nevindar - hang in there bud. What are you waiting for?

Off to paint some flames!

I pledge 1x Blood Angels Praetor, I finished building him last night out of spare parts - Whether or not he'll be useful in game remains to be seen...

Hopefully I can get him done whilst playing Fallout 4...

gallery_576_9710_151801.jpeg

I got carried away and started putting paint on the other 8 terminators I was afraid to pledge....crap.

That's the spirit... just make sure you finish at least two!

@Nevindar - Atrapos! ohmy.png Nothing big indeed. How are you painting your knights? I can't remember if I've seen one!

A starting picture of the Fellblade, to prove it was started recently, and as others are. Since then I've removed the wings on the turret though.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/aa9203b5-956d-452d-bef0-a589d97f88d6_zpszbaqn7rr.jpg

@Kor'vesh: I know right? It's a tad small but... I felt I deserved one!
This will be the first Knight I will be painting, although I am no stranger to larger kits. Colourwise I'm thinking something akin to how I painted my Ferrus Manus, a purple-blue fade over metal, but I have a few days to decide before it gets here!

(I never really posted a decent pic of Ferrus during ETL eh? Just the completed army pic methinks...)

//Nevindar

@Kor'vesh: I know right? It's a tad small but... I felt I deserved one!

This will be the first Knight I will be painting, although I am no stranger to larger kits. Colourwise I'm thinking something akin to how I painted my Ferrus Manus, a purple-blue fade over metal, but I have a few days to decide before it gets here!

(I never really posted a decent pic of Ferrus during ETL eh? Just the completed army pic methinks...)

//Nevindar

I just ordered my first knight too!

Nevindar and Black_out - Stop it! You are making me want to buy a Knight, and Its meant to be terminators and a spartan next! I must stay focussed!

Do post you Ferrus in detail though Nevindar - I'd love to see it in more detail.

Nice work on the Librarian Kurama - Which armies are uyou working on at the minute?

Heshman and Jud glad to have you on board, and nice to have some more vehice pledges.

Black Cohort - love the cloak. Nice job there sir, will be great to see some paint on it!

Black Cohort: Really like the cloak but can't help to think it'll look greater with paint on so... chop chop! Also, a question if I may. Do the helmet look a bit on the large side in person? (It's a GKTA one, right?) It might just be the angle and the photos but to me it looks a bit top heavy :)

Black_Out: WHAT KIND WHAT KIND?!?! :D 

Aeternas: Just gotta love the Fellblade. Can't wait to see it painted.

Kor'vesh: Get a knight. Do it. You know you want to.

Signed,
Nevindar, who considers getting a "regular" knight just to test out the colour scheme and who greatly suspects that he might end up with a Questoris Knight army if this knightly feeling keeps up.

ps. Ferrus-ized minis will be posted once I get everything set up for photographs (and the essay that's due on Friday is actually...completed) ds.

Black Cohort: Really like the cloak but can't help to think it'll look greater with paint on so... chop chop! Also, a question if I may. Do the helmet look a bit on the large side in person? (It's a GKTA one, right?) It might just be the angle and the photos but to me it looks a bit top heavy :)

Black_Out: WHAT KIND WHAT KIND?!?! :D

Aeternas: Just gotta love the Fellblade. Can't wait to see it painted.

Kor'vesh: Get a knight. Do it. You know you want to.

Signed,

Nevindar, who considers getting a "regular" knight just to test out the colour scheme and who greatly suspects that he might end up with a Questoris Knight army if this knightly feeling keeps up.

ps. Ferrus-ized minis will be posted once I get everything set up for photographs (and the essay that's due on Friday is actually...completed) ds.

I actually went the same route you did and picked up just the basic knight errant. I wanted to test assembling and painting one before I spent big FW money on one of theirs plus I just wanted a basic feel for how it would run on the tabletop.

It should be here tomorrow so if I really get cracking on these terminators I'll have the better part of 3 weeks left to *maybe* pledge the big guy.

Edit: IT SHOULD BE HERE TODAY!!!!

Raaa! Progress!

Chipping finished. Now need to varnish with Klear and then my first ever attempt at oil washes! Wish me luck...

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/AlphaLegion-RapierBattery1.jpg

I can confess that these have been primed for a while and I actually started last week...

I derped and forgot to buy more superglue. Building will have to wait a few more days until i get the free time to go buy more @_@

Edit: Holy crap Zed, that blue @_@_@_@_@_@_@_@

Archived