To kill a stompa (Ullanor campaign)

v6v77

Howdy

So a friend and I are going too play some ork vs 30k games to represent some of the battles during the heresy with the idea that once the rest of our group gets their 30k armies up and running we can run Ullanor.

Test game tonight will be my Alpha legion (not actually officially on Ullanor i know) vs his ork.

I know he has a Kustom stompa and i have a typhon and i know he will be filling it with a big mek and giving it power fields.

It needs to die asap.

I have access too the following

40 marines bodies (we dont mind proxy in our group)

5 heavy supports

6 rapiers

Typhon

Scorpii

Sicaran

Fore raptor

Any help in killing it would be greatly appreciated.

My thoughts are blast it back too the stone age with 6 quad Mortar rapiers and attached MoS on each. But that is alot of points.

Thoughts guys and girls?

Support squad with meltaguns in a drop pod would certainly do the trick

That was my go too option but alas i dont own a single drop pod. Plus that would require me to run orbital assault....

Good thought and usually the perfect solution. Not possible for me unfortunately.

Go with a melta support squad, but take a Vigilator. I think they can redploy their unit, so you could maybe get close enough to the Stompa. Or take a dual MM Contemptor in a pod, and get behind it.

A vigilator you say.... Interesting. That could go down nicely.

Yeah take a vigilator for scout and use the infiltrate tactic should get you nice and close with those melta guns if you do it just right.

Do i go for the pens/explode or take a full 10 man squad and go for glances?

Archived