Jetbike Tactics

Lord Blackwood

while i am not overly excited by regular jetbikes, I think there is a lot of potential for command squads mounted on bikes - lots of powerweapons with fast mobility, special rules (standard bearer is awesome) such as fearless and taking challenges etc...

Praetor on JetBike and Paragon Blade = 170pts

Command Squad, 2 Additional Chosen, 5 Bikes, 5 Power Weapons = 365pts

= 535pts

That's a lot of points for Power Weapons.

Think a normal squad is about 230/250?

They are a praetor delivery system lol

I don't like command squads on bikes. Unless you are white scars..or dark Angels I suppose

I'm not a huge fan of the jetbikes, although the 2+ armour does help. Use them as a trouble-shooting squad with h.bolters/volkite for light infantry clean-up, and meltabombs to deal with monstrous creatures and armour. There is no point in investing more into the unit by giving them a geared-out sarge.

RAW, Sally jetbikes can swap all their HB to Heavy Flamers but if you do it squad wide before buying special weapons, you technically wouldnt be able to anymore since the entry specifies, iirc, swapping their HB for VC/PC/MM.

Order of operations tongue.png

Do you really need a different heavy weapon at that point though?

RAW, Sally jetbikes can swap all their HB to Heavy Flamers but if you do it squad wide before buying special weapons, you technically wouldnt be able to anymore since the entry specifies, iirc, swapping their HB for VC/PC/MM.

Order of operations tongue.png

Do you really need a different heavy weapon at that point though?

Volkite. So you can turn peeps to ash from afar before you turn them to ash up close.

It says "any" and "may be exchanged". What order of operations clash?

Edit: Not the word I was looking for. Happens when I'm tired.

Meant: Me being cheeky to keep it simple.

Deathguard Jetbikes are solid. They benefit from MTC and the Power Scythes is pretty decent as well due to their large base size. Not in slightest bit fluffy though :D

Sure it is, Legions used any and everything to some degree. I guarantee there was a fast attack company in the Death Guard somewhere. If you dream it, you can be it!

Working on this right now... see my Praetor

Deathguard Jetbikes are solid. They benefit from MTC and the Power Scythes is pretty decent as well due to their large base size. Not in slightest bit fluffy though :D

It's just a shame that only Characters can take them, so no Command Squads with bitchin' big blades to accompany your Warlord.

It's just a shame that only Characters can take them, so no Command Squads with bitchin' big blades to accompany your Warlord.

I wish mine could take phoenix spears too!

I wish mine could take phoenix spears too!
And mine, chainglaives!

Archived