The Hydra Unchained - Stonehearts Horus Heresy log

Stoneheart

Very very nice i love your Color. Makes me want to re do mine non metallic haha

As for weathering, i do a light light drybrush of vallejo steel over the entire thing. i will post a pic at lunch

Very glad you approve brother - your own metallic legionnaires are fantastic so I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the tip man.

That blue/green is beautiful. How did you achieve that?

Thank you brother but it's just using the GW paints as follows:

Main colour is stegadon scale green with progressively thinner edge highlights of sotek green, temple guard blue and skink blue. Also used coelia greenshade for washes.

You're not allowed to do these brother, you have sallies and them nids to paint for me to blow up lol

On a serious note, that's a really nice alpha green you've got going on

Do not fear Grizzly the tyranids will be complete in time, who else will take your Scythes down a peg or two? ;) Thanks mate.

I see I'm not the only one thinking of sandstorms when looking at your pictures. tongue.png

He looks good, especially with that helmet. You might want to give him a holstered bolt pistol so that the banestrike ammo doesn't go to waste though.

See what you've done?! :P

Thank you, glad you approve of womble-marine. I know, I forgot! Truly I would be a naff Alpha legionnaire.

Interestingly I found out that banestrike ammo is only useable in bolters, combi-weapons and heavy bolters! So I need to find some way of attaching a boltgun to him... Any ideas?

Thanks all for the encouraging comments!

Stoneheart :)

DON'T DO IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

Stoneheart that is a beautiful model. It's subtle with the blue but your metallic work gives it a nice contrast. Great fluff too.

Perhaps model it mag-locked to some portion of his armor? Or if you have a bit of chain make yourself a chain sling? Chains and Alpha Legion seem to compliment one another very well.

Thanks for the ideas guys but the above is the winner - I think the chain idea is excellent, I have some jewellers chain which would be perfect for it, and as you say  the chains and the Alpha legion go very well together. Just need a suitable bolter. 

DON'T DO IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

Stoneheart that is a beautiful model. It's subtle with the blue but your metallic work gives it a nice contrast. Great fluff too.

Thank you for the kind words brother. 

Do you wash the Coelia Greenshade into the recesses or do an all-over wash? Also, for the Skink Blue, do you use as is or do you dilute it with paint medum/water?

All over wash then repaint with the stegadon scale green, avoiding the recesses. Then highlights - i use the skink blue as it is, just highlighting the most raised edges. 

• 1 month later...

1. Any updates? biggrin.png

2. Got all the paints to replicate your Alpha Legion! Hail Hydra!

1. Incoming Armillus Dynat - was fortunate enough to get him for Christmas. Once I see what the state of play is financially in a few weeks time I might be able to get the BAC box :D

2. That's awesome! I'll see you at the daily memory wipe...Hydra dominatus! ;)

Archived