Ministorum Witchfinder

So I've been rereading the Eisenhorn series and I ran across this in the second book.

So if I'm understanding the book, the church has its own people dedicated to psyker hunting.

Is there any other back ground on this?

I don't have any older materials related to the Inquisition or Ministorum.

Are you referring to that bastard Witch Hunter who goes after Eisengorn? I forget the name.

Arnault Tantalid. That's right, the mental git in power armour trying to skewer Eisenhorn is called Arnold. ^_^

Sorry I don't know about these witch-finders, haven't read Eisenhorn and this is the first I've heard mention of them.

Moronically, I sold my 2nd edition Sisters of Battle codex many years ago when I got out of the hobby and sold everything, so I can't consult that either.

From "The Inquisition" illustrated book pg 83 ...

"Human male. Witch Hunter of the Adeptus Ministorum ... "

It has the Witch Hunter in bold to refer to the entry and that states it is another name for members of the Ordo Hereticus.

So he's a member of =][= with ties to the Adeptus Ministorum.

Although members of the Ordo Hereticus are traditionally referred to as 'Witch Hunters', I had always assumed that Tantalid and others like him were free agents of the Ministorum that just so happen to also be called 'Witch Hunters' (I thought it was heavily hinted at, if not actually stated, that Tantalid worked for the Ecclesiarchy, not the Inquisition). It would not surprise me if both agencies had this sort of overlap, considering the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Imperium. ;)

Archived