Legio Cybernetica 2000 pts

Castellan Maximus

Redux:

Legio Cybernetica 2000 pts

Archmagos Dominus: Cortica Primus; photon gauntlet; augury scanner; cyber-familiar; melta bombs; conversion beamer (master-crafted) 250

Magos Dominus: volkite serpenta; melta bombs; graviton gun (master-crafted) 105

2 Castellax Class Battle-automata: darkfire cannon; multi-melta; 2 battle-automata power blades; enhanced targeting array 270

2 Castellax Class Battle-automata: darkfire cannon; multi-melta; 2 battle-automata power blades; enhanced targeting array 270

15 Tech-thralls: carapace armour; The Rite of Pure Thought 85

4 Thallax: melta bombs; phased plasma-fusil 205

5 Thallax: melta bombs; photon thruster 265

3 Vorax Class Battle-automata: 2 rotor cannon (bio-corrosive ammunition); enhanced targeting array, frag grenades 285

1 Thanatar Class Siege-automata: enhanced targeting array 265

2,000 points

Any feedback?

Why not shift the Thallax around and have one unit of 3 and one unit of 6. Same cost, but you can take another Special Weapon ;)

Also, the list in post 1 is not legal, as you can not exchange your Lightning Guns when taking Ferox. List 2 is all good though.

I would also not mix weapons on the Castellax, mainly because of range differences. Switch them around. One unit with 2 MM and one with 2 Darkfire.

I would also go easy on the gear on the Magos. Conversion Beamer means he can not move to shoot, regardless of Relentless. I consider Abeyant and Machinator Array more important, but maybe just because I like ultra-tough warlords who can tank for a unit like Myrmidons. Really comes down to playstyle.

Beyond that, solid try ;)

What about this then ?

Archmagos Dominus: Cortica Primus; photon gauntlet; augury scanner; cyber-familiar; melta bombs; machinator array (master-crafted) 250

Magos Dominus: volkite serpenta; melta bombs; graviton gun (master-crafted) 105

2 Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2× darkfire cannon; enhanced targeting array 280

2 Castellax Class Battle-automata: 2× multi-melta; enhanced targeting array 240

15 Tech-thralls: carapace armour; The Rite of Pure Thought 85

4 Thallax: melta bombs; phased plasma-fusil 205

5 Thallax: melta bombs; photon thruster 265

3 Vorax Class Battle-automata: 2 rotor cannon (bio-corrosive ammunition); enhanced targeting array 270

1 Thanatar Class Siege-automata: enhanced targeting array; Paragon of Metal 300

2,000 points

If I recall correctly, the regular Thanatar with enhanced targeting and Paragon costs 290pts.

What purpose serves that second HQ? Your first guy is very tough as it is and I would use the spare points after dropping the second one to give him an Abeyant. Given your 24" bubble and the Thanatar being a Paragon you really so not need to worry about programmed behaviour.

Still not convinced that 4 and 5 are good numbers for Thallax, but that might just be me.

Thanatar went up 10 points with the release of the Mechanicum Red Book.

Also, conversion beamer is fine on a Relentless platform. It's the HEAVY conversion beamer that you can't move and shoot with.

But I definitely agree with the 4/5 numbered Thallax. They're there for the special weapons, so you're handicapping your list a bit. Find the points to take 2 x 6 and you won't regret it!

Thanatar went up 10 points with the release of the Mechanicum Red Book.

Also, conversion beamer is fine on a Relentless platform. It's the HEAVY conversion beamer that you can't move and shoot with.

But I definitely agree with the 4/5 numbered Thallax. They're there for the special weapons, so you're handicapping your list a bit. Find the points to take 2 x 6 and you won't regret it!

Right, the heavy one. Still, you need to be pretty far away. Again, it may be a play style preference, but I consider the Machinator Array superior. Don't want a stray S10 shot end his life too early.

Archived