Best Imperial Knight for Blood Angels?

LutherMax

Interesting.... I like the firepower but the model looks a bit OTT... can you (should you) run it with 2x gatling cannons instead of the battle cannon? Also the model is pictured with what looks like an anit-air gun on top – is there option for a missile launcher instead?

It's highly annoying that you can't buy the weapons separately as I have the opportunity to get the original basic Knight kit for a really good price!

It can only be run with one gatling cannon, and then you get the choice of either the melta cannon or battle cannon for the second arm. The kit comes with a knight sprue plus an extra one with a missile launcher, anti air turret, power fist, gatling cannon, 3 extra helmets and some other decorative pieces. You could always go to bitz sellers for the extra sprue.

I'd love to say the castigator is the way to go but in terms of sheer firepower the crusader has it trumped. Having said that though, the castigator is 100 points cheaper and has some decent assault tricks, and of course the rule of cool. You can get the extra crusader weapons from eBay, they are regularly listed

There  is a 2 basic  way.

Run hand-to-hand knightwith Character type (gerantius, court etc.) buff it with Quickening and shatter other super-heavies

Or

Fire support Crusader - Battlecannon with gatling and barrage s5 large blast on top.

For BA i would  consider the  second  option, because  it's  one of  the weakest point of army  - strong long range fire support.

There  is a 2 basic  way.

Run hand-to-hand knightwith Character type (gerantius, court etc.) buff it with Quickening and shatter other super-heavies

Or

Fire support Crusader - Battlecannon with gatling and barrage s5 large blast on top.

For BA i would  consider the  second  option, because  it's  one of  the weakest point of army  - strong long range fire support.

Pretty much these are how I'd run knights.

Fun fact: Drop podding Dreads and a Knight Gallant barelling towards the opponent (+JP DC) REALLY screws with thier Target Priority ;)

Crusader is my favourite as it brings AP3 by the spadeful. We have plenty of mobile melta to cover AP2 and death company or podding heavy flamers to chew through horde units.

The other option to consider is the Warden against armies that like to play in your face. He has the same gatling cannon as the Crusader meaning but replaces the battle cannon with a strength D close combat weapon. This can be handy against opponents who like to get so close that it can be risky to fire the battle cannon without hitting your own troops. SD can also make quick work of MCs that might otherwise make a mess of your elite units.

Overall I prefer the Crusader but I can see the value of the Warden against some opponents.

It is worth considering providing the big fella with a little extra support. A fully tooled out Crusader is not far short of 500 points. With all those attack dice, he makes a great target for Prescience so a Divination Libby to keep him company with probably work out well. Alternatively a Techmarine with a few Servitors can top up lost hull points. This is great as Knights are pretty much immune to being taken out in one hit and normally only go down to attrition.

Agree fully with the posts above. I have a magnetised knight and have run multiple variants but i keep coming back to the Crusader with battle cannon, gatling cannon and rockets. The sheer firepower is devastating and it makes it very hard for the opponent to remove since his deployment zone is probably full with melta squads, death company etc.

Archived