Space Wolves 2500 pts

Chronos Darkhelmet

OK guys, having:

1) bought my copy of Betrayal at Calth;

2) two Land Raiders hanging around at home with no playability in 40K,

I have finally decided my list of Space Wolves (or Space Vikings? Or Viking Wolves?) ;)

Legiones Astartes: Furious Charge

Rite of War: NONE

HQ

Legion Praetor (Cataphractii, Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers) 170

Legion Centurion (Chaplain, Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield) 105

TROOPS

10 Tactical SMs (Legion Vexilla, Sarge w/ Artificer Armour & PF) 185

10 Tactical SMs (Legion Vexilla, Sarge w/ Artificer Armour & PF) 185

ELITES

10 Veterans (Melta Bombs, Legion Vexilla, Sarge w/ Artificer Armour & PF) 260

10 Terminators (Cataphractii, 3 CFs, 2 PFs) 365

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (2 Kheres Assault Cannons) 180

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Spartan Assault Tank (TLHF, Dozer Blade, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield) 345

FAST ATTACK

Anvillus Dreadclaw Drop Pod 100

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 Land Raider Proteus (TLHF, Dozer Blade, Armoured Ceramite) 245

1 Land Raider Proteus (TLHF, Dozer Blade, Armoured Ceramite) 245

Whirlwind Scorpius 115

TOT 2500

Vets go on Dreadclaw, Tacs on each Proteus, Termies on Spartan with Praetor and Chappy ;) For the rest, *very original* list I know :P

Couple of thoughts:

- you may as well take the "Armoured Spearhead" Rite of War, as it'll give you +1 on Tank Shock and you already meet the prerequisites. It will free up 2 Heavy Support slots for later too.

- your Land Raiders have a lot of extra gear on them. You've taken "Furious Charge", so why not make them Phobos' and swap your Tactical's bolters for chainswords?

- what "Veteran Tactics" are you taking on the Vets? "Tank Hunters" could be a good option...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Couple of thoughts:

- you may as well take the "Armoured Spearhead" Rite of War, as it'll give you +1 on Tank Shock and you already meet the prerequisites. It will free up 2 Heavy Support slots for later too.

I've thought about that RoW, but I'm not sure if the Dreadclaw can fit in such a list (the Rite asks every Infantry to start the game in a transport with the Tank USR if I remember well)... Should check back on the book, if instead it's feasible then OK! ;)

- your Land Raiders have a lot of extra gear on them. You've taken "Furious Charge", so why not make them Phobos' and swap your Tactical's bolters for chainswords?

Because for that I should (1) find 2x Phobos LRs and (2) find additional 60 pts? :P Actually the reason for Proteus is that I bought at very low price 2x used Redeemers already assembled, but with the flamestorm sponsons glued to the rear side spots instead of front :D So I adapted them to Heresy by replacing the flamers with lasers and recycling the flamer heads for the turret ;)

- what "Veteran Tactics" are you taking on the Vets? "Tank Hunters" could be a good option...

Yes it is in event of Super-Heavies, Titans and so on, otherwise for more ordinary matches Sniper is interesting too (autowound with bolters on RtW of 6? Yes pls! :D) ;) Since Vets must choose their tactics *before the match begins* and not when you're writing down the list, I can see how to go time by time ;)

1. Infantry just need to start in a Transport, not necessarily a Tank.

2. Well, Redeemers are the Phobos Pattern, not Proteus. You want Assault Vehicles given you have chosen the assault-based universal rule. Heavy bolters are everywhere, so it wouldn't be hard to find some and swap them (again). You'd only need to find 10 points then, as they're included in the Phobos price. Armoured Ceramite would have to go, but it's usually the first upgrade to go anyway. Something to think about.

3. Yeah, that's how Veteran Tactics should be played; was just curious how you'd run them. They're geared for a general role, so you should be fine with them.

Hope it goes well for you! Welcome to the Heresy! :)

1. Infantry just need to start in a Transport, not necessarily a Tank.

OK, thanks for solving! Let it Arm Spear be ;)

2. Well, Redeemers are the Phobos Pattern, not Proteus. You want Assault Vehicles given you have chosen the assault-based universal rule. Heavy bolters are everywhere, so it wouldn't be hard to find some and swap them (again). You'd only need to find 10 points then, as they're included in the Phobos price. Armoured Ceramite would have to go, but it's usually the first upgrade to go anyway. Something to think about.

I know patterns are different, in fact my project also aims to close the front ramp with the FW dozer blade for Rhinos :P Then I know I’ve selected the assault part of Legiones, but it's mainly to have Praetor at S 6 and Termies at S 9 in assault (I'd have considered for sure to assault at S 5 with Tacs in case of 20-men units, not 10-men) ;) Also, here in Italy at least the metagame is deeply influenced by ceramites but not so much, so it's well possible to find the melta(gun) dawg very happy to shoot at your precious, *ceramiteless* transports :D

3. Yeah, that's how Veteran Tactics should be played; was just curious how you'd run them. They're geared for a general role, so you should be fine with them.

Exactly ;)

Hope it goes well for you! Welcome to the Heresy! :)

Thank u m8 ;)

Archived