Starting Up A Regiment

Lunar Centurion

Hello again!

I've been dipping my toes in and out of the Guard puddle, but I think I've finally decided. I want to start with a somewhat hybrid force between platoon and mech. Here's what I was thinking to buy:

Codex: Astra Militarum

Cadian Defense Force

2x Militatum Tempestus Scions (To be carapace vets)

Leman Russ Tech-Command (When it comes out)

Cadian Command Squad (Or a Lord Commissar)

Sentinel

I think that takes me to 750? As you can see, I don't have the Codex yet. I'd run the Vets in the Chimera, have the platoon sit back and hold objectives, while the two Russes tried to clear out hordes. The Sentinel would probably have a lascannon, and try to pop transports and important tanks. What do you guys think? 

There's no reason to hold off, nothing the book can do will alter starting a Guard force up. Troopers and Russ tanks will always be needed ;) Your list should be 750 no problem with upgrades and it'll be a good start to your Guard army :tu:

A single Sentinel isn't great though, better to have a couple usually so I'd take him as a Scout Sentinel maybe with an autocannon and outflank him to cause some mischief. Have you settled on a colour scheme as well as a list style?

For list style, it's still up in the air. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to my FLGS and pick up the codex, so that should help. Colors-wise, I was thinking white plates, dark grey fatigues, and light blue lenses. In place of a sentinel, how's taking a heavy weapon team with lascannons? (Or maybe autocannons)

Archived