A few beginner's questions, if I may

Kastor Krieg

Am I correct I'm supposed to use these?

* Latest 40k rulebook for main rules

* The "Red Book" updated army list for core units

* My Legion (or compatible) entry in the HH 1-4 books for specific units (or rather the red books and the istvaan book for corrected entries).

Next questions:

* Have the Imperial Fist entries been changed in any shape or fashion between HH3 and the Istvaan collected entries (the intro says some of the stuff there did get altered based on feedback)?

* How long until Blood Angels?

* My Legion (or compatible) entry in the HH 1-4 books for specific units (or rather the red books and the istvaan book for corrected entries).

Next questions:

* Have the Imperial Fist entries been changed in any shape or fashion between HH3 and the Istvaan collected entries (the intro says some of the stuff there did get altered based on feedback)?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Nope

5) February 2016

Next questions:

1. Yes
  2. Yes though there are some exceptions such as the Las Vindicator. (PDF is on FW website)
  3. Book 4 has Relics, Book 5 has book entries for the Stormbird, Deredeo, LasVindicator, etc. Otherwise LACAL and LAICL is good enough.
  4. Imperial Fists specifically? No. Unless you count the various Emails we've gotten from the FW team permitting us to use Phalanx Warders as Compulsories over normal Breachers in Stone Gauntlet.
  5. February is when we'll hear next about the subject.

Be warned, Sanguinius is not coming with the Blood Angels rules in Feb. Just the Legiones Astartes rules, should be two pages or so but no special units or characters. Those will have to wait due to the release back-up, as FW still has to release units from books 2 and 3... 

The most recent set of rules are

7th Ed "The Rules"

7th Edition FAQ (will edit in when not on mobile, available from black library)

Legiones Astartes Crusade Army List

Legiones Astartes Isstvan Campaign Legiones

FW Heresy FAQ (see above, but from fW now)

Horus Heresy Book IV; Conquest

Horus Heresy Book V; Tempest

Mechanicum Taghmata Army list

Horus heresy book VI; (due Feb 2016)

These are the most recent rules in production for the majority of rhe rules. For Lords of War, current to Book 4 only (missing 5 and mechanicum red book), check out my sig :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I was under the impression that just the red Istvaan book and 7th edition 40K was enough to play say a Sons of Horus army. I love books and especially FW books, of which I have a couple, but one of the main turn offs for me is the amount of books needed and the large price tag that comes along with them. It'd be awesome to have all of the Black Books but I need miniatures too. unsure.png

For pure SoH play, only LA:CAL and LA:ICL are absolutely necessary (with a read of the FAQs).

Relics you can look up the points for on Battlescribe and the "what they do" on 1d4Chan. Otherwise, Tempest and Conquest have nothing for you.

Thank to your tips guys, I played 30k Zone Mortalis today - in the best Heresy fashion, Sigismund's Imperial Fists vs my friends' Iron Warriors. A little bit of Adeptus Proximus here and Grey Legio, but proxying with 40k Templars has to count for something! :v

Used two sets of Space Hulk tiles, quite a lot left to use, could easily make two tables.
http://i.imgur.com/4uz7ZCV.jpg

Archived