27th Temero Specters

Theduke08

Greetings everyone,

Ive recently decided to start a scion regiment and have completed my first test model.

IMG 0441

IMG 0440

IMG 0439 (1)

Im still debating what im going to name this regiment but I do know they are going to originate from a world with a poisoned atmosphere...

Thanks for looking.

Welcome to the barracks, what a fine entrance too :D He looks great, the colours are nice and muted and well painted. I like the poisoned planet idea, with the main colour what about something like "Ghosts" in their name? Perhaps emerging from poisonous mists and clouds to dispense the Emperor's justice...

Im really thinking about having the Scions homeworld in the same sector as Barbarus.  Which if you dont know if the homeworld of Mortarion.  Apparently there are no records of wither his homeworld was destroyed or even where it is.  Im thinking about having them being garrisoned on a nearby planet to keep constant tabs on this world.... Not quite sure on that though.. 

Im also thinking about them having close ties to the ordo malleus as well

That would work, it wouldn't be unlike the Imperium to keep an eye on things or maybe they just took it upon themselves as they were nearby? The Inquisition can be worked into Guard fluff easily, even more so for Stormies so that won't be a problem if you go down that road :)

Prison world.  Low poison clouds prevent escape from combine farms and habs on the highlands.  Schola progenium facility right under the clouds on the dark side that no one knows about.  Dark rumors abound that when the supply of imperial orphans runs low, children of the penal colonists are known to disappear.

Call it Otrovia.  Otrov is the serb word for poison.

Im really thinking about having the Scions homeworld in the same sector as Barbarus.  Which if you dont know if the homeworld of Mortarion.  Apparently there are no records of wither his homeworld was destroyed or even where it is.  Im thinking about having them being garrisoned on a nearby planet to keep constant tabs on this world.... Not quite sure on that though.. 

Im also thinking about them having close ties to the ordo malleus as well

Welcome to the barracks. I was under the impression all the Traitor legion homeworlds (excluding, Olympia, Nostramo which had already been put to the sword) got the exterminatus bullet post Heresy? Your scheme looks great, gives the impression of heavily corroded copper. Purple guns? Very different, any reason why?

our_baz I did some further research and you are right about all of the traitor homeworlds... Im still planning on having the world in the same sector of space as Barbarus' astroids/remains...  As far as the purple goes I thought that it was a good contrasting color for the off green base of the armor.  

@warriorfish Im actually painting up a taurox right now, ive never really enjoyed painting space marine tanks but im really like this kit so far.  I know a lot of people really dont like this kit but I think its fantastic.  I should have it done by friday.  Ill post some pics when its done.   

Homeworld: Caladium

Claissification: Deathworld/mining world

Death world rich in mineral resources and a source of study for the mechanicum.  

Inquisition recruits storm troopers regularly and has a near constant presence on the world due to its proximity to remnants of Barbarus.  

27th Temero Specters

Scion Regiment

Im planning on running about 1250 scions and allying in the remainder of points from either Guard or inq.  I typically play around 1850 point games.  Anyone have a good suggestion for about 600 points of guard?  Maybe pask and some tanks plus a couple vet squads.  Maybe a wervyn...

Nice work so far!  The weathering on the bright armor plates works very well with the solid contrast from the dull orange weapons.  The Taurox especially takes advantage of your color scheme.  Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

So ive decided that im going to have different secondary colors for each individual squad.  They are going to be representative of the houses that rule Caladium.  Fluff wise each house is required to send all second born sons to the Schola Progenium.  While the sons no longer have any memory or direct involvement with their houses this does not stop the families from following their sons military careers and achievements.  

In all honesty im going to need about 5 more colors so im going to do both.  Im leaning towards green though, being my favorite color and all.  I have decided that my command squads secondary color is going to be black, with accents from all of the other squad secondary colors showing where they all came from.  

Archived