Reaping 2500..... not with new box!

Fangbanger

s'up guys and gals

toying with the idea of a death guard army... want it to be av14 free so it runs different to my eaters and mainly troop/light vehicle what do you think?

---HQ---

Marshal Durak Rask

Siege breaker

---Troops---

2 x 10 man tac squads in rhino, extra combat weapon

2 x 10 man auto cannon squads (one has Durak, siege breaker in other)

2 x 5 man heavy flamer squad in rhino

---Heavy---

Deredeo with A/C

Leviathan with 2 x storm cannon, a/c, phosphex launcher

2 x medusa with phosphex 

------------------------------

auto cannons with tank hunter seem pretty good if setup corectly hence taking 2 squads for good coverage to help with only have 36" range

deredeo and medusa to help from the rear, flammer and tac squads for objective holding and clearing while the leviathan helps in the mid table

wanted to run tac squads on foot but obviously the reaping doesnt help with that being not able to run.

i have about 80 points left for upgrades 

what do you guys think? im not looking for a win at all cost list, just something that will be fun and a little fluffy

Autocannons have 48" range (it's the Reaper autocannons that only have 36"). That will give them more of a threat radius. You must like them in general; Anvillus pattern, storm cannons and autocannons!

Looks like a fun list though. :)

Ah sweet! Yeah I think they are good all round weapons. Las is good, but expensive and not as much output. I think with the rending, tank hunter or sunder options I have, it makes them very versatile against meq, teq, and light to heavy vehicles.

Do you feel 2 autocannon units is too much? Points better spent elsewhere?

Thought I would add in a bit of anti tank with some laser batteries, although I would prefer grav but it's a little expensive..

---HQ---

delagatus (the reaping)

Siege breaker

---Troops---

2 x 10 man tac squads in rhino, extra combat weapon

10 man auto cannon squads (siege breaker here)

2 x 5 man heavy flamer squad in rhino

---elites---

3 x laser destroyer array

3 x laser destroyer array

---Heavy---

Deredeo with A/C

Leviathan with 2 x storm cannon, a/c, phosphex launcher

2 x medusa with phosphex

------------------------------

Too light in boots?

I would be tempted to only run one medusa with phosphex and the second with the regular shells. When they fire as a battery, the phosphex fires first and is super accurate thanks to Crawling Fire, then the second S10 shell lands where you want it to. In a serious pinch the S10 Medusa can try and shell AV14 outside flare shields too, I guess. Maybe consider Nuncio-vox on the tacs, as the Siege-breaker is your only spotter currently. Although, it is awkward to have them deployed out from the start of the turn that you want them to spot.

You already have the AC squad so maybe Grav Bombards on the Leviathan for ignores cover blasts? It's up to you. And if there is not an Aiolos on the Deredeo you should probably get on that.

Do the medusas not get to choose or do you arm them with one or the other? If you have to choose then I think I would do both without phosphex as a better anti armour than the rapier platforms (laser battery cannot pen flare shields and grav is expensive and needing 6 to pen and only ap4)

I think the grav might be good on the dread as anti infantry, ignores cover and ap2 would be juicy against teq and meq!

Yeah... unfortunately for Legions, you have to exchange your regular shells for Phosphex. Unlike Ordo Reductor, who can switch freely... Kinda lame but them's the breaks unless they update LACAL. If you're not running Phosphex I'd even consider dropping the Siege Breaker and attending HSS for other stuff. Since you're running The Reaping, you could always make use of rad grenades with an outrider or assault squad with power weapons or something.

Graviton Cannons can be kind of expensive, but often much less so than your opponent's 700+ point super-Spartan deathstar thing. With Haywire, you're not worried about penning; the real strength of the weapon is how easily it glances and kills vehicles by weight of hull point damage. If it does pen that 16.7% of the time, good on you, but really you're just trying to stack glances. AP4 isn't really a big deal either, as vs infantry the primary benefit is that you're leaving Dangerous Terrain to pin units in place for other things. You mean like those Medusae and Leviathan Grav-bombards? Yes. 

Will I see myself out for question-talking now? Yeah...

In a serious pinch the S10 Medusa can try and shell AV14 outside flare shields too, I guess.

It should be noted that as normal Medusa shells are Barrage, they hit a flare-shielded Spartan in the SIDE armour... At Strength 10 AP2 Ordnance. :)

That's what I meant when I said "shell outside flare shields," yeah :P Should've just said bypass I guess. But yeah, not bad if the Graviton Rapiers have failed. Ideally they haven't, and those Medusa shells are landing on the former occupants... RIP

Ok so I had a bit of a play.... Changed it qu it's a bit and as much as I try, cannot avoid not taking a spartan..... I just don't think foot slogging terminators are going to cut it, especially grave wardens with thier 18 range and chainfists.

Dropped leviathan as its a huge points sink for a slow moving close ranger. Especially as you cannot drop pod with reaping.

I think there's a little more balance though but let me know your thoughts

+++ (2500pts) +++

+ HQ +

Calas Typhon

Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

+ Troops +

Legion Heavy Support Squad [Autocannons, 8x Legion Space Marines]

Legion Sergeant [Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade]

Legion Heavy Support Squad [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamers, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 7x Legion Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite]

Grave Warden Terminator Squad [2x Chainfist, 4x Grave Warden Terminator]

Chem-master [Chainfist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Flare Shield]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]