Fluffy Replacements For Rad Guns

Tiger9gamer

So I was thinking, what if a Tech priest doesn't want to irradiate everything they are fighting over and instead wanted a different weapon for their Vanguard. Would there be a good design or other type of weapon that could have the same effect in fluff? Like a Las gun that also sets fire to enemies nearby or a lighting shot that arcs to more people.

I'd imagine a biotech poison bullet gun, the poison carefully crafted to dissolve and break down harmlessly in the environment so it debilitates those shot even from minor wounds but won't wreck the ecosystem the Magos Biologis are there to study.

Magos Biologis, maybe...otherwise, they just craft the most effective poison, an cleanse the planet from any life, without risking corrupting the tech there (by radiation).

As for the weapons, volkite are perfect (explosively burn flesh, explaining the double wounds), but are extremely rare in the fluff. Upside, FW sells them in all sizes. Lightning guns would be appropriate, but maybe a bit difficult to model. Miniature eradication beamers would look perfect for AdMech, and fit the theme of arcane weaponry, preferrably implanted. Also, take a look at FWs rad-cleansers, those are effectively fleshbane flamers by projecting broad-spectrum radiation. Or FWs graviton guns, the predecessors of 40k grav guns (but looking/working entirely different), they look enough like wacky tech and come both in handheld sizes and rapier mounted.

I'd imagine a biotech poison bullet gun, the poison carefully crafted to dissolve and break down harmlessly in the environment so it debilitates those shot even from minor wounds but won't wreck the ecosystem the Magos Biologis are there to study.

Magos Biologis, maybe...otherwise, they just craft the most effective poison, an cleanse the planet from any life, without risking corrupting the tech there (by radiation).

As for the weapons, volkite are perfect (explosively burn flesh, explaining the double wounds), but are extremely rare in the fluff. Upside, FW sells them in all sizes. Lightning guns would be appropriate, but maybe a bit difficult to model. Miniature eradication beamers would look perfect for AdMech, and fit the theme of arcane weaponry, preferrably implanted. Also, take a look at FWs rad-cleansers, those are effectively fleshbane flamers by projecting broad-spectrum radiation. Or FWs graviton guns, the predecessors of 40k grav guns (but looking/working entirely different), they look enough like wacky tech and come both in handheld sizes and rapier mounted.

I do like the idea of lightning guns as I think my army may be based around an electricity themed or something, but I have no clue how I will model this. and I dunno If I want to buy all the forgeworld still like that 

The rad guns already have sort-of-coils on them, just the barrel won't fit. Replace it with a small sphere (ball bearing or something), and it looks like a tesla coil tilted sideways and attached to a gun stock.

For electricity, try superglue'ing threads (for sewing) from one coil to the other, and paint it ice-blue. Did that to represent laser pointers, could work here.

The rad guns already have sort-of-coils on them, just the barrel won't fit. Replace it with a small sphere (ball bearing or something), and it looks like a tesla coil tilted sideways and attached to a gun stock.

For electricity, try superglue'ing threads (for sewing) from one coil to the other, and paint it ice-blue. Did that to represent laser pointers, could work here.

I do like this idea quite a bit, as It's easy to do, I think. What else could I cut off or make? and what do you mean by Replace the barrel? like put a tesla coil on the front of them? also, may I have the link for the anvil industry arms things?

If you just clipped the tips off and put the little dishes from dunestriders and crawlers. You could make a nuro-disruptor. Something made to disrupt complex motor skills. This would leave your victims twitching masses perfect for study or reprograming.

So I was thinking, what if a Tech priest doesn't want to irradiate everything they are fighting over and instead wanted a different weapon for their Vanguard. Would there be a good design or other type of weapon that could have the same effect in fluff? Like a Las gun that also sets fire to enemies nearby or a lighting shot that arcs to more people.

/\

/\

@MajorNese - You didn't read the OP properly!

It won't be for a Magos Biologis, but just like a warlord or something. Like for cases where you want to fight over a hive city and you want people to live in it afterwards, not make it a chernobyl. I think that would make sense. 

What if there was a type of lasgun that lights people on fire almost like a volkite but still low tech? I am trying to think of ways to get bits and stuff.

Regular stubber loaded with incendiary tracer rounds?

That could work too, as it's The same caliber in game and it would provide a nice explanation for the extra wounds. Maybe we say it has a big rate of fire to match? Plus fire is a lot easier to clean up than radiation I bet.

I'm still liking the tesla idea too, and I may need to convert a model with extra bits for it

Archived