batrep 1k guard vs 1k decurion cheese, rematch.

Emicus

Hey, a cheeky win is a win nonetheless. Nobody ever walked away from winning the Superbowl and thought to themselves, "Wow, that was such a cheeky win. I didn't deserve it."

Still, that was a bit more of what IG versus necrons is like. Fighting for time and space against damnable robots that won't be kind enough to stay down and can kill tanks with small arms fire. They're perhaps our best counter, honestly. The only tougher opponents, stereotypically, are things like drop pods and other armies that can get on us too quickly.

I do regret suggesting to my opponent to get some Wraiths, as he's been complaining about the lack of melee prowess of his units.

I will certainly hope for some 1s and 2s coming up in his immediate future in regards to Demolisher templates.

I think you forgot to put some terrain on your table? :P A win is a win, five turn games are a part of the system no less! As libris said the toasters have a lot going for them that's bad for Guard so they're one of the toughest match ups even before you get to their fancy formations to make them better.

Yeah the club is pretty light on area-terrain, walls, barricades, bits and pieces and a little heavy in the buildings department. Which is a shame because they take SO MUCH SPACE for just a little LOSblock or making it interesting for vehicles and charging.

Archived