(200pts)

Fast Attack

Storm Eagle

Armoured Ceramite, TL Multi-Melta, TL Lascannons

(285pts)

Total: 1990/2000pts

Tactics

Abaddon & Terminators

Yes, I am aware that Abaddon is over-costed for what he offers and a normal Praetor would be better. That being said, I am still taking him because he allows the Terminators to deep strike. With the RoW, only Justaerin can deep strike and I don't have the points for Justaerin. If I could take Justaerin, I would and would take a normal Praetor instead of Abaddon, but so far, he is staying. With that out the way, they will be going straight for the head. Their job is to target the enemy's warlord and other dangerous threats (MCs, Terminators etc.)

Reavers

I have decided to start them on the board instead of Outflanking or deep striking (though, I still have the Damocles to make both of those a viable option), as it gives me more board presence and allows me to assault earlier in the game. Since they count as 30 models, they should be able to outnumber most things. I originally had them kitted out with Flamers, but decided to take Power Weapons instead, as I want them kitted out for assault. They're not meant to take the toughest enemy unit head on, that's the more survivable Terminators' job. Instead, they're targeting smaller and/or weaker enemy units, outnumbering them and burying them under the sheer number of attacks.

Tactical Squad

They will start in the Storm Eagle and come in Turn 2, getting into an assault by turn 3. They're pretty much there to make the most of the Rage benefit I gain from charging an engaged enemy unit. They'll pick out an enemy unit that's in combat with some of my guys and lay down a hell of a lot of attacks. I was thinking of sending them in after Abaddon's unit, to give them more attacks and expendable bodies, and to help them outnumber the enemy, giving them all extra attacks.

Storm Eagle

It serves as a troop transport for the Tactical Squad, and as a tank-buster. I'm planning to bring it in Turn 2, use its missiles to soften up a target for the Tactical squad, or target an enemy vehicle with its Multi-Melta & Lascannons. Once it's job is done, it will fly around busting open enemy vehicles.

Master Of Signals & Damocles

The MoS will start inside of the Damocles and provide some support to my army. The +1 reserve bonus synergises brilliantly with the SoH legion special rules, as it can give 2+ resrves, which are re-rollable, giving you almost guaranteed entry from reverses. It will also prevent Deep Strike scatter, which is very useful for the Terminators & deep striking Reavers. Both models also grant me orbital bombardments, which I also find to be very useful for SoH, as it compensates for the lack of heavy support.

I'd drop a single Tactical Marine and put the MoS in with them. The +1 BS will help and he can't shoot out of the Damocles, so he'll have to disembark, surivive a turn, then bombard.

That'll give you 20 points - almost enough to give 4 Terminators combi-plasmas.

All in all, I like it! :)

Caillium is spot-on. If you're deep striking the Terminators, give them combi-weapons across the squad. I would even maybe consider meltas over plasma, as your army has little in the way of cracking heavy transports, although those do admittedly often have Armoured Ceramite. I'd even maybe try and find a way to give them an extra chainfist.

For your own sanity and future options, consider maybe magnetizing the backpacks on a squad of Reavers. Jump pack forces are fine until someone in your group figures out AP3+ blasts are cool and good and then holes start appearing in your large, expensive Reaver squads. Can load them in Dreadclaws or more Storm Eagles in the future. Especially if you're going over 2k points.

Your first turn might be a little sketchy and you'll have trouble with AV14 as mentioned. Otherwise, looks fun :) 

If you face a Typhon, a plasma deredeo, tactical support squad with plasma and scanner or some more AV you are pretty f*ced.

You have a very expensive glascannon CC list that will hardly make it to round 4..

Reavers are far from bad.. but the rest.. meh. you should take some serious stuff as well. Drop 10 marines and the eagle plus the damocles (way too many points in hq), change the justaerin to normal terminators and add some szize and combi weapons and for the rest of the points you should buy some anti tank, for example in form of quadmortars or grav whatever you like more. Meltabombs are nice, but they will do very little if you get shot to pieces before you can use them.

Either you go bodies or you go AV but better not mix them up too much ;)

Archived