Do I need the Avenger Strike Fighter?

Frater Cornelius

I am currently. Kitbashing one, but half way through I wonder if I need.

On the one hand, it gives me a good answer to AV of any sort and defence against FMC. On the other hand, it is very fragile. In an army that is all about toughness and outlasting the enemy (the way I like to play my Mechanicum) is that speedster of any use as a tank-hunter and anti-air? Or should I save those 150-200 that actually does something?

Its roughly similar enough to the Thunderbolt and Primaris that, honestly, you could use it as any of them depending on what you need.

Do you need one? Probably not.

Do you want one? Yes. :>

Unless you can somehow free up another ~50 points in your list to slap in another Thanatar... @_@

Nah. It is sweet.

Give it missile launchers and Tank Hunters. One hell of a light-medium armour killer with the ability to take oit MEQ's with ease.

Plus you are Mechanicum IIRC so it isn't eating a Heavy Support.

7BS4 S6 AP3 shots, 2 Lascannons and 2 Krak Missiles.

It isn't a Primaris, so don't bother with the Krakens. If you are doing that, might as well take a Primaris. So take it for what it is good at.

I bought one, it is surprisingly large model and I plan on using it as both a primaris when in a legion, and avenger when part of mechanicum. My plan as a primaris is to launch 4 kraken missles at a Spartan/raider, then swoop over next turn and drop some phosphex on the gooey insides biggrin.png.

Archived