Guard Mont'ka Formations!

Lukash_

Good news though, you can stick the infantry in the flyer formation and use the sentinels for auger arrays and grav chute them in turn 2 on 3-27 cover camping scout sentinels with camo netting and smoke launchers. Stack 3 CCS with the command section and the CCS in the infantry company for 4 officers of the fleet for auto reserves turn 2, and then drop non scattering massed infantry turn 2 and watch the opponent cry, as you then spam FRFSRF and drown him in saves. 

Dont the flyer formation get no-scatter gravchute insertions anyway?

It does, but at the cost of losing your jink and having to make difficult terrain tests (can fliers or skimmers make those? I tend to think it means dangerous terrain) whenever the model passes over terrain that's more than 3" (one level) tall. Not a huge problem if you have a board that's relatively clear of tall buildings, you can get away with it.

Anyway that was just a thought, to get around the ESIP's mobility problem, and to provide some extra punch, especially against horde armies. 

'woot I can finally have an all tank army aside from armoured fist'

​Except the minimum is 7 tanks, whereas 4/7 are command & wingmen.

AND THERES A FILTHY FOOTSLOGGER, MAKE IT GO AWAY, EMPEROR PLEASE!

You could take the formation without being part of the Battle Group.

Also, please don't be mean to the Enginseer.

​I'll be as mean to the enginseer as I gakking well please. Support elements can stay back and not get themselves murdered. Sure I can take the formation by itself, but there's no way shape or form I can get away with a 100% tank army thanks to that little $%!!@.

​Thanks for making a new kit for those who want the model GW but there's no need to choke people with him dry.png

​Edit: maybe a Sentinel army on the other hand....

Put him in a dedicated Trojan support vehicle.

And Knights are already quite expensive for what they do. Eldar are the only ones with criminally undercosted big walker options. But baneblades are not even as good as a knight, so they shouldn't cost more than one. Plus their pricing is all over the place. At least in Solar Auxilia (the latest source if i'm not mistaken), they cut the sponsons down to 50 points per pair, rather than 100 like in the older publications. And having to give up a set of sponsons for front AV14, on a tank that size? Really?

Base cost 300, each set of sponsons 50, call it a day.

That's a 150 point haircut...great googly-moogly! ~450 base, depending on the variant is a bit much, but 300? That's what a TU costs...Let's go 375 with 60 point sponson pairs.

Are we haggling here? That was my final offer, take it or leave it, I gots people lining up around the block to buy 300-point Baneblades! tongue.png

Sponsons are already established as 50-point upgrades by the Solar Auxilia list, so we can hammer that part down. Also, counting heavy bolters as heavy weapons in your analysis of the Baneblade's damage output is disingenuous at best. I think we need to just agree to disagree, because you play in a far rosier world than I!

You'll have an easier time dispelling powers cast against that unit and get more dice, otherwise it doesn't do much :( 'omg I now have 8 dice to cast my two spells' doesn't really make my knees tremble in anticipation unfortunately.

Wishlist for new codex: Useable bullgryn formation

He also knows all th Wrydvane powers, so up to 9 potential powers actually.

Also, apparently the german for the Emps platoon reads something like 5 infantry type squads. Any German speakers here to confirm/deny this?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/40k-astra-militarum-montka-formations-spotted.html

He also knows all th Wrydvane powers, so up to 9 potential powers actually.

Also, apparently the german for the Emps platoon reads something like 5 infantry type squads. Any German speakers here to confirm/deny this?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/40k-astra-militarum-montka-formations-spotted.html

Nope, the german one has the exact same restrictions as the english one, it even still has Infantry Squads capitalized and says there must be at least 5 included

Anyone else thinking conscripts might be going the way of the penal legion? The formations basically look like they're trying to provide the same effect as the conscript blobs, plus there's no models specifically for conscripts (and they ditched Send in then next wave! with the last codex)...

Anyone else thinking conscripts might be going the way of the penal legion? The formations basically look like they're trying to provide the same effect as the conscript blobs, plus there's no models specifically for conscripts (and they ditched Send in then next wave! with the last codex)...

Well, technically, conscripts do not have model... I am not sure if I can take yet another iconic loss like that without burning down something while singing litanies of hate.

However, as a counter argument, some of the other Decurion detachments do not include all the units a faction can take. Dark Angels, for example, can not access Ravenwing Command and RWBK through theirs, their best unit by a mile.

​I'll be as mean to the enginseer as I gakking well please. Support elements can stay back and not get themselves murdered. Sure I can take the formation by itself, but there's no way shape or form I can get away with a 100% tank army thanks to that little $%!!@.

​Thanks for making a new kit for those who want the model GW but there's no need to choke people with him dry.png

And Knights are already quite expensive for what they do. Eldar are the only ones with criminally undercosted big walker options. But baneblades are not even as good as a knight, so they shouldn't cost more than one. Plus their pricing is all over the place. At least in Solar Auxilia (the latest source if i'm not mistaken), they cut the sponsons down to 50 points per pair, rather than 100 like in the older publications. And having to give up a set of sponsons for front AV14, on a tank that size? Really?

That's a 150 point haircut...great googly-moogly! ~450 base, depending on the variant is a bit much, but 300? That's what a TU costs...Let's go 375 with 60 point sponson pairs.

Are we haggling here? That was my final offer, take it or leave it, I gots people lining up around the block to buy 300-point Baneblades! tongue.png

Sponsons are already established as 50-point upgrades by the Solar Auxilia list, so we can hammer that part down. Also, counting heavy bolters as heavy weapons in your analysis of the Baneblade's damage output is disingenuous at best. I think we need to just agree to disagree, because you play in a far rosier world than I!

Yes, we are haggling. That's how I know when you say "final offer," I know that when I start walking away, you'll get called in by your manager to suddenly discover more wiggle room to sweeten the deal tongue.png

A twinlinked heavy bolter is certainly no volcano cannon...consider it a freebie; a pair of turret mounted lascannons that are immune from "weapon destroyed" and independently targetable are certainly worth 50 (even 60) points even without the accompanying TLHB sponsons. I find the heavy bolters worth having, though, I can usually find worthy targets for 3-4 of the 5.

Well, technically, conscripts do not have model... I am not sure if I can take yet another iconic loss like that without burning down something while singing litanies of hate.

However, as a counter argument, some of the other Decurion detachments do not include all the units a faction can take. Dark Angels, for example, can not access Ravenwing Command and RWBK through theirs, their best unit by a mile.

Well, the advantage of conscript blobs is that they're super cheap. Unless they cut the points of regular guardsmen down to 3, it wouldn't really provide the same effect. The new formations, in fact, seem to emphasize the usefulness of taking upgrades in your squads. 

We also can take conscripts with the current setup. 

Yes, we are haggling. That's how I know when you say "final offer," I know that when I start walking away, you'll get called in by your manager to suddenly discover more wiggle room to sweeten the deal tongue.png

A twinlinked heavy bolter is certainly no volcano cannon...consider it a freebie; a pair of turret mounted lascannons that are immune from "weapon destroyed" and independently targetable are certainly worth 50 (even 60) points even without the accompanying TLHB sponsons. I find the heavy bolters worth having, though, I can usually find worthy targets for 3-4 of the 5.

I AM the manager. Also, we sell plastic crack, all prices are final!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4TY7kcCIAA_hti.jpg

So I'm having a conversation with a buddy who already has the book and he says that for the new tank commander in the cadian detachment you can take pask solo without his 2nd buddy tank. I've seen the pics and I still believe you have to take the 2nd tank since it's listed in the codex as a requirement. So is it pask solo or pask and buddy ?

So I'm having a conversation with a buddy who already has the book and he says that for the new tank commander in the cadian detachment you can take pask solo without his 2nd buddy tank. I've seen the pics and I still believe you have to take the 2nd tank since it's listed in the codex as a requirement. So is it pask solo or pask and buddy ?

Why wouldn't you want Pask to have a wingman?  It keeps him alive much longer and you can almost always split off the wingman's fire while granting the wingman preferred enemy...all upside!

If codex abosorbs FWs rules, surely FW will be pointless and thus either has to write a completely new book, inventing the wheel once more, or the codex will just not take FW's turf.

​If you wanna play FW, just play FW...

I was right to answer the above. I have the book in hand if there's any questions but it's pretty much exactly what are in the pics posted. I am not impressed both core choices are almost 1,000. You either need 3 platoons of 5 squads or 5 leman russ. I like the tank but how are you suppose to counter everything these days? The new riptide formation is brutal. It can pretty much shoot 4 times and you have to take 3 tides so pretty brutal. Good news it's only once a game but still. How are we suppose to take that down? I thought a storm shadow with its str d blast but thats close to 1600 pts with the armor core.

Archived