Starting a new faction - if you had to choose

tjr

Well yes.

I like the allure of a tank company. That would be WAY different to play. Vehicles are easy to assemble and paint, but a pain to transport. I could dig deeper into the Scale Modeller bag of tricks for weathering and what not. I could use them as allies for choppy angels.

I'm not sure I could handle the idea of painting 100 guardsmen, though.

DKoK looks awesome. I haven't seen the rules. But model-wise it's just nok going to happen.

Strictly speaking I don't see why you must use DKoK models to use their list. The Assault Brigade is not the most effective in the current milieu but I can confirm from personal experience that it is an absolute ton of fun to play. You'd be surprised at how decent the WS4 makes them in hand-to-hand combat, and they are almost fearless but not quite. I did a series of batreps that I could dig up the link for if you're interested.

A tank company would probably be a good compromise to painting 100 guardsmen. Bring a few units of Guard in Chimerae to hold ground and support the tanks, then max the rest of the list out with armour. Lots of fun to be had there and totally different from BA.

Nah. My regular gaming buddy plays orks.

I'm feeling as if IG is the "logical" choice. But when I'm visualizing buying a bunch of Russes my inner voice: "But I want Skitarii!"

I think we're done here. 

Just to throw in my reasoning behind starting another faction:

I could never beat Eldar with my 3rd ed BA. I hated them. Nothing worked. Even my I5 charges were nerfed by their I6 malarkey. I decided, if you can't beat them, join them. That, and I love the Falcon chassis.

My ideal guard army is an armoured division. All tanks, all the time. Like, 12 armoured models in a 1500pt game. That would be fun.

I could never beat Eldar with my 3rd ed BA. I hated them. Nothing worked. Even my I5 charges were nerfed by their I6 malarkey. I decided, if you can't beat them, join them. That, and I love the Falcon chassis.

My ideal guard army is an armoured division. All tanks, all the time. Like, 12 armoured models in a 1500pt game. That would be fun.

I had an Eldar army for a little while. I got bored of how fast they were. I mean, I like fast armies, but I also like to make choices. When half my army can almost cross the board long-ways on a lark, it stops being a matter of making tough choices. So I traded them away.

I think we're done here.

Folks, as this isn't BA related and the OP is done, let's wind this up please.

I completely disagree. My intention with this thread wasn't actually just finding out what I should do personally, but also open up a discussion about what other factions compliment our BAs.

And now I'm in doubt again :)

12x £31 = £372... Hmmmm.

I think we're done here.

I completely disagree. My intention with this thread wasn't actually just finding out what I should do personally, but also open up a discussion about what other factions compliment our BAs.

So we should make sure to keep it on topic for the B&C. No Xenos.

I think we're done here.

None of which was mentioned in the first post:

LFGS is having a Black Friday sale later this week (20% off). 

I've been playing Blood Angels since I re-started the hobby a year ago (sometimes with a bit of Imperial Fist allies).

I'm looking to start a new Faction and I need your input in picking one, since I want one that's "different", and who knows better than the B&C Sons of Sanguinius?

I'm open to any (well .. most) factions except loyal space marines.

What should I consider and why?

Right off the bat I find Eldar Aspect Warriors (ie. not Wraiths) and Skitarii attractive, but I'd love to get some input from the forum.

If this is truly to find out what allies would best suit your Blood Angels armies/collection then I suggest steering the thread that way; if it stays on its current path I will be moving it to Amicus Ades. Note that discussion of Xenos is strictly prohibited on this sub-forum. If you wish to discuss tactics to beat them, you want the Tactica sub-forum, if you want to take some with your army, then it is tolerated in small doses in the Army Lists sub-forum.

DE would be cheap and can play quite differently to BA. Love the look of their scourges, incubi & skimmers. If you want edlar aspect warriors check out biel tan. Dark reapers, Striking scorpions, warp spiders and swooping hawks ALL float my boat.

DE would be cheap and can play quite differently to BA. Love the look of their scourges, incubi & skimmers. If you want edlar aspect warriors check out biel tan. Dark reapers, Striking scorpions, warp spiders and swooping hawks ALL float my boat.

Whilst the advice is appreciated, none of the above compliment tjr's (or anyone's) BA in a board-approved manner.

Last chance folks, otherwise I'll have to move/close it.

Unless my math is wrong, that's actually cheaper than buying 7 Russes. And you get a free Hydra-thing

You know what Blood Angels really lack? It's long range AP3 firepower. If you could somehow find an army that had a lot of that, they would work well both independently, and allied with your Blood Angels.

Triple/quad haywire skitarii vanguard in a Fast Attack BA drop pod is definitely something you should do.

"This BA players consistently lands BS7 HAYWIRE SHOTS into the enemies DEPLOYMENT ZONE

Fluff players HATE him.

Find out his secret here."

I love that joke.

But yes, even though it somewhat crosses over with our-meltacide units, it's more reliable to an extent and looks cool!

Archived