Starting a new faction - if you had to choose

tjr

How you gonna paint them? Did you get the codex?

No, didn't get the Dex. I probably should have. 

I've taken a liking to Createx airbrush colors, so I'll probably pick one of them as my base color and go from there. 

Teal or orange or azure or turquoise. 

Ryza is such a censored.gif-hot scheme and the fluff is great (easy excuse to include plasma?!?) but there is definately more fun in inventing your own smile.png

Here's mine for when I eventually move past the "undercoated on sprue" stage of Skitarii - From the Forge world of Infernum Secondus.

Thier fluff ties into my BA Successor too :D

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Skitarii%20mini_zpsleetevn4.jpg

If I had to pick one from the Codex (I've read the shop copy), it would have to be Metalica, due to my affinity for the band with a similar name.

I'm currently thinking Pearlized turquoise for the outside cape. Sand for the inside. Copper (I just love Vallejo Tinny Tin) for the metals. And a heavy dose of earth pigments for weathering.

If I had to pick one from the Codex (I've read the shop copy), it would have to be Metalica, due to my affinity for the band with a similar name.

I'm currently thinking Pearlized turquoise for the outside cape. Sand for the inside. Copper (I just love Vallejo Tinny Tin) for the metals. And a heavy dose of earth pigments for weathering.

I have a box untouched from when they came out, and was planning to do Metalica (or at least my own variation thereof)

@ Charlo, love your scheme - very steampunk with the copper!

I have a box untouched from when they came out, and was planning to do Metalica (or at least my own variation thereof)

@ Charlo, love your scheme - very steampunk with the copper!

IIRC, FW produced a Forge World Metallica transfer sheet, if that sways your decision?

With all the awesome new models, I (re)started my Tau army ;) The main purpose was to paint something in a completely different style and color scheme and prevent a burn out due to only painting red all the time.. it also worked apparently, I'm really looking forward to painting that new chaplain we got for example!

On the imperial side, I would probably further expand my inquisition and grey knights next, especially inquisition has a huge variety of models to choose from, it's great ^^

Archived