IG Decurion

Frater Cornelius

I am holding off on a decision until the actual codex comes out next year (February based on the rumor mill). Now that some time has passed, it seems like the Montka formations are specific to that supplement. Every supplement I have read has some kind of special formation set in it, and this one is no different. The Raven Guard and White Scars got some formations out of Kauyon, but can still use the normal formations in C:SM.

A points cut would be great, but not hugely critical. With squadrons getting a buff in C:SM, and C:Tau (for example), I would bet that C:IG/AM will get the same treatment. With points cuts and buff formations being the current pattern, that seems to be the method GW is going for in 7th Edition.

One reply mentioned a possible change to the way platoon squads are presented in the codex, which is fully possible and would make good sense compared to how the last few books have been done. The Montka formations might have some good indications of what is coming ... has anyone done a side-by-side of the formations in C:SM and Kauyon for some kind of matchup between what they do? An informed guess might get us more than speculation.

Archived