3000pts Emperor's Children

omnivision6

Hey guys. New to the forum. Been reading a lot and finally joining the discussion. My group is gearing up for some Horus Heresy. We are going to play 3000pt games.

As of right now we are not using super heavies. Mainly because we are just getting our heresy feet wet.

Anyway, I am going with my favorite legion the Emperor's Children. I have all the marine bodies and HQ models. None of it is from the new HH box. Anyway, here is the list I'm thinking of finalizing. Please be brutal with your assessments.

+++ Trying EC again (3000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Phoenix Spear, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker]

Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Centurion [Power Armour]

Consul [Master of Signal]

Lord Commander Eidolon [Jump Pack, Master of the Legion]

+ Troops +

Legion Assault Squad [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Weapon]

Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Havoc Launcher, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Havoc Launcher, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]

+ Fast Attack +

Xiphon Interceptor

Xiphon Interceptor

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iII: Emperor's Children]

Edilon and Primus Medicae go with the jump unit. They are mainly an edilon delivery system. Master of Signal goes with the gravitons.

My initial worry is I may he going too infantry heavy. But the heaviest armor we have are Spartans. For now.

Group will have Imperial Fists, Mechanicum, Space Wolves, and possibly Night Lords.

Would it be worth having the lascannon sponsens on the venator? My initial thought is no. Due to the main gun being ordnance. But sponsons of some kind would keep the gun alive a bit longer.

Adding the venator with armoured ceramite, what would you take out or change for the points? After removing one sicarian, obviously.

Remove the master of signal and use extra points for upgrades?

How about a las vindi? Love em

Only a little tweak suggestion, swap out the refractor for a boarding shield, if you get countercharged, it removes the charge bonus ( and lob a blind grenade)

Maybe give your assault sarge a fist instead, and a combat shield so if you get a t2 challenge, he's has a chance.

And as you have a 15 man squad, stick another power weapon in there.

Mortis looks solid, but if you want to support your assault squa, swap him for a normal contemptor with twin grav guns. He's nearly always stripped off the last hp off that Spartan.

Where's your master of sigs going?

Phoenix spears on rhino tacs iv found don't seem to work, so I give them fists now. Try if you like of course.

Or drop one for a Tac support caliver backfield objective camping unit, with Aug scanner? (I always find them effective)

This is the reworked list. Dropped the master of sigs, changed TAC squads to have power fists, gave medecai a boarding shield, took away a mortis and added a drop podding duel grav contemptor.

I have the dread dropping in due to the short range of the grav guns. Am I on the right track?

+++ Trying EC again (2998pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]

····Consul [Primus Medicae]

Lord Commander Eidolon [Jump Pack, Master of the Legion]

+ Troops +

Legion Assault Squad [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 3x Power Weapon]

····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Power Fist]

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]

+ Fast Attack +

Xiphon Interceptor

Xiphon Interceptor

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iII: Emperor's Children]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Looks pretty square to me.

I never used a venator, be interesting to see how it goes!

Love the deredeo, it always hammers things, the missiles are a bonus, and I always forget his heavy bolters..

Xiphons are solid apparently, my bro has one Iv yet to blow out the sky, with Mortis and deredeo

Be interesting to see how your grav cannons work out, I never used them due to short range, but stick them midfield and hopefully they can control a lot of ground. I use quad mortars, and sometimes a scorpius, but my guys have nuncio voxs, so those barrages can be pretty brutal on infantry out and about.

Yeah you can pod the temptor in, only thing I'd say is he might end up being sacrificial due to being out there, I run mine amongst infantry and try to get him in place, but maybe the pod is better than that! At least you can hide behind the pod with him, maybe block some los to weapons..

Archived