SoH Strike Force.

Brother Kirus

Greetings! I finally committed to a legion in HH setting and I am trying to figure out composition for a "Strike Forces" game. I am more of a painter than a gamer so my list will be rather small as far as models count. I have VERY limited gaming experience and I was looking for help in making my list. We are allowed to spend 150pts on a hero (up to three heroes.) For now I plan to take just one. I am looking for “Pride of a Legion” style of list.  As of right now I came up with the following options:

1. Centurion, artificer armor, power fist, plasma pistol, reflector field, jumppack – 125pts.
  2. Centurion, power sword, plasma pistol, reflector field, jumppack, legion champion – 145pts.
  3. Centurion, artificer armor, power sword, volkite serprnta (2), reflector field, jumppack, moritat  – 150pts.

The first option and the second are quite similar to each other, I am not sure if Legion Champion upgrade is worth taking in Strike Forces as well as jump pack. Third portion is a Moritat of the legion. The idea is to take him fast to the enemy lines and open up fire. I think he fits in to Legion Tactics but I am not sure how useful he will be in the Strike Forces.  Also, it is worth mentioning that I am trying to build themed force, so I am going for sort of “controlled aggression” style of force.

I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

In such a low points game system, taking an expensive item like a plasma pistol is going to hurt your total army list. It will kill stuff well, but it could also pay for another elite model. Something to think about.

In normal games a Legion Moritat cannot be a Compulsory HQ, but the way you select an army in Strike Force is different, so I suppose you could take him (as he won't be your "Warlord"). I know you only want one character, but dropping some gear and taking a Sergeant as well is definitely a good idea IMHO, as that's a lot of points tied up in one high-priority model.

Reavers scream out Strike Force to me. They look aggressive and are fast, hard-hitting units. They are also Veterans, so will fit the PotL theme you want. :)

Thank you for your reply. The issue with Reavers that I have is that they are just slightly more expensive version of regular veterans. It appears that the three main reasons to take Reavers are:  banestrike shells (are they any good?), cheap jump packs (if you take a full unit of 15 then you only spent 50pts on entire squad) and ability to put power fists on every model. As it stands right now I was planning to have one Leader (still need to decide on the set up), four guys in power armor (one will be veteran with plasma gun – he is a bit cheaper than reaver with plasma gun), and the rest will be tartaros terminators. It is not the ideal setup but I am very slow with my modeling-painting and I have to have them ready by Adepticon (-:

So, my main question is the setup of a leader. Are special upgrade worth it (Legion Champion, Moritat…) in Strike Force? Should I take Counsel or Reaver Chieftan? The way I see it councel is a bit more durable with W2, reflector field and artificer armor..

Thoughts?

Archived