Dark Angel Heresy list Halp!

Mard

Hey Guys

So I'm mainly an Epic 40k player and i have a large 30k army for epic and It's glorious but the time has come to enter the modern(old?) era because my local scene is jumping on the 28mm 30k bandwagon.

So we are starting the typical slowgrow  so starting at 500pts and adding on 250 a month to a max of 2000 and i was hoping you guys would be able to share some of your wisdom and point me in the direction of some good starting lists.
Basically what I want is an all ground Dark angel army, so no aircraft or drop pods, also possibly no terminators? With everything I'm ordering/modelling I'm building the army out of a kitbash of RT marines wherever possible. Pic as an example of the old style of marines I'm using
(Can you believe this used to be a 1500pt army back in 2nd ed days?)

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/20150723_195213_zpsjhqu94zu.jpg

with what I see I would do:

praetor/parangon

chaplain consul

tactical squad (without the launcher) / turn it into 2 veteran tacticals

put combat shields and meltabombs in the assault squad

turn the predator into a melta one (for the antitank) or executioner for killing heavy infantry

turn the dread into a mortis (for the anti air)

this list would lack punch so you need those termis in the back too, perhaps with converted shoulders for the 4+ cataphractii save

back in 2nd a tactical was like 300pts XD

I have pleeeeeently of more RT marines that are not in these pics, as well as old school preds and Rhinos, the pic was just an example of the old RT beakie feels I'm going for. Not opposed to getting some newer FW vehicles in either, the new dedero dreadnought looks really nice as an example and I'm kind of tempted to get Garro because he just looks sweet as.

Just after some 2000 point list idea that are ok while avoiding aircraft, terminator and drop pods.

Sorry to ask for the help but until i get my books I'm a bit cluless. Last time i played regular 40k Tau were brand new, so a lot of things have changed.

That is a sweet Rogue Trader army! :)

Generic army list? Probably safe with this:

HQ

Legion Praetor: bolt pistol; Paragon blade; melta bombs; digital lasers; iron halo; jump pack 190

Chaplain: artificer armour; plasma pistol; melta bombs; refractor field; jump pack 145

Nathaniel Garro

TROOPS

9 Tactical Space Marines: Legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs) 175

• Rhino

9 Tactical Space Marines: Legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs) 175

• Rhino

9 Assault Space Marines: 2× power weapon; + 1 Assault Sergeant (artificer armour; bolt pistol; power weapon; melta bombs) 295

ELITES

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

• Contemptor Dreadnought: Dreadnought close combat weapon (heavy flamer); Dreadnought close combat weapon (heavy flamer) 195

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator Strike Squadron

• Predator: magna-melta cannon 120

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought: Aiolos missile launcher 220

2,000 points

Just a basic list, utilising what you have plus what you want. Easy enough to swap out things if needed. The Praetor and Chaplain join the Assault Squad - they'll do pretty well in combat. Tactical Squads capture/hold objectives. Deredeo for anti-air, Predators for anti-tank/TEQ. The Contemptor is there to run up the board and support the Assault Squad. Garro is the Wild Card.

You could easily drop a Tactical Squad and Garro, freeing up a lot of points for other heavy hitters like Sicarans and Rapiers.

Thanks for the starting point Caillum.

This gives me something to start with while i get my head back around the game, cheers!
Now to assemble more RT marines and drop some old school 2nd had preds in dettol!

Archived