Deep Striking NL Terminators with Dedicated Transport-OK?

Wolfbiter

Hey folks. Apologies for what may be a basic question, but I've been searching the Official Rules forum for this and haven't found an answer:

If I'm building a Night Lords Terror Assault List and take a unit of Terminators with a Land Raider Dedicated Transport in an Elites slot, can those Terminators use their Teleportation Transponder to be placed in Reserves for Deep Strike while the Land Raider deploys normally the board Turn 1? 

I was reading through the 7th Edition rules on Deep Strike last night, but wasn't clear if a Dedicated Transport is considered separate from the Deepstriking unit or not.

I would love to be able to take a Land Raider in a Terror Assault List without using up the one Heavy Support slot, but wanted to make sure whether it would limit my Terminator's ability to Deep Strike or not.

Thanks!

Thanks, Hesh. I'm looking at possible anti-tank options for a Terror Assault force. Being able to add a TL lascannon tank without having to expend either a Heavy Support or extra Elites slot yet would be a big help in keeping slots free for other things. Just wanted to make sure I had the option to either load the Termies in or Deep Strike them depending on the mission. 

200pts for 2 TL lascannons isn't brilliant. You'd get more out of a Dreadnought with dual Graviton guns in a pod for not much more, or from 3 Rapiers with Graviton Cannons.

Alternativvely, out of fast attack, Graviton Gun Land Speeders or TL lascannon Javelins are much cheaper, while Lightning Primaris with KrakenPenetrators are pretty incredible.

Or even the Lord of WR slot which allows for things like Avenger Strike Fighters, Vendettas, Thunderbolts, etc

Archived