Guard Allied with SM

SickSix

Hello. I am making my first foray into the barracks of the Hammer of the Emperor.

I like to build fluffy lists. And have wanted to run IG allies for a while. But I have hated the GW plastic kits for IG. And they are very expensive dollars per points wise.

But then Dreamforge came out with their awesome Eisenkern and I got some Amazon gift cards this year and bought 30 infantry and one HWS box.

I basically just want to field a basic infantry platoon to hold objectives so I can use lots of points on more killy SM units.

I also have a ADL I can use with them to defend my backfield/objectives.

I guess I am just looking for basic advice. Like should I field a cheap vanilla platoon or just take a commissar and three veteran squads?

The Eisenkern don't have special weapons compatible with those of 40k so any special loadouts will require conversion and/or bits buying.

Here is my test squad: (may change the scheme up a bit)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/11/28/760088_sm-Eisenkern%20WIP%202.jpg

If you're just wanting them to hold the objectives, I recommend a platoon. Give them heavy weapons, lascannons or autocannons most likely, and a priest or commissar to make sure they don't run. A CCS should be considered because of the benefit orders bring to the table when coupled with just a few heavy weapons. Some ignores cover will help thin out pathfinders in cover while tank hunters makes certain that ork battlewagon is dead. 

Yeah a 30ish man platoon with some heavy weapons is the way to go. Theyre a good area denial tool because you can take up halfnyour zone with just a squad and chewing through that many wounds is a pain.

Add in a pair of wyverns and youre set.

Welcome to the Guard :tu: As to what you do that depends entirely on what you want to do! Platoons or Vets play differently but you can take both for a hybrid list if you want which is usually best if you can't decide. You'll need to get some bits together for special weapons and the like which might be a bit odd as their guns look tiny compared to the likes of a melta for example.

Archived