Adeptus Titanicus: 30k Titan Tacticia

Athrawes

What do you guys think about equipping the reaver with a power fist? My thought is to use it against other super heavies, knights etc. So my build would be laser blaster, power fist and plasma blastgun.

I'm running a claw which I'm paying the points as for a chainfist to get that sweet machine destroyer rule. Plus las blaster and missile pod. I mean the plasma is good, but I think anything other than a missile pod on the carapace just looks funky.

Edit: I'm using it for the D strength against Athrawes reaver because 9 times out of 10 a reaver will get outgunned by a warlord. Plus if he kills me in cc, my reaver will hopefully detonate and take him with me.

It's because they have an INT characteristic and given nothing in the Warlord's rules (or any other Titan's for that matter) says otherwise, is there a reliable method to hit them with Blind in 30k?

Only a BS and WS 1 Titan is hilarious!

What do you guys think about equipping the reaver with a power fist? My thought is to use it against other super heavies, knights etc. So my build would be laser blaster, power fist and plasma blastgun.

I'm running a claw which I'm paying the points as for a chainfist to get that sweet machine destroyer rule. Plus las blaster and missile pod. I mean the plasma is good, but I think anything other than a missile pod on the carapace just looks funky.

Edit: I'm using it for the D strength against Athrawes reaver because 9 times out of 10 a reaver will get outgunned by a warlord. Plus if he kills me in cc, my reaver will hopefully detonate and take him with me.

I like the chainfist idea. I really do not like the look of FW chainfest but proxying it using the powerfist sounds great! True, I completely agree with your aesthetics opinion. I just went with the plasma as I plan on him getting close and personal. :)

What about the Melta cannon? MC, LB & ML.

The cool thing is that the Reaver I got as a Christmas present from Athrawes has the Imperial Titan fist, so I'm just going to buy the chaos claw and attach the "claw-fingers" to the Imperial power fist :D

As for the Melta cannon....its meh. It really good against tank formations and TEQ blobs, but so many 30k units use armored ceramite, and I believe both the reaver and Warlord come stock with it. Even if you did penetrate, you'd only be able to strip a couple hull points at best.

It's sad really considering it's a super duper Melta cannon . Honestly it's be great to have armorbane and some other special rule.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I see...I see.

Still, isn't the Melta Cannon S10 Ap1? No melta bonus but thats still a Nasty Punch from 72" away or thereabouts, no?

Oh definitely it's really good, but if you want something similar, you can get a Typhon for way cheaper, and it has ignores cover on top of that.

Not saying you shouldn't take it if you love the Melta vibe, but I'm just saying that FW kinda screwed the pooch on its profile because of the Titan power creep.

Melta Cannon's maybe not a bad combo with the power fist/chainfist. Run lasers on the mull mount so it brings at least a few D hits, walk it towards enemy super-heavy and hope it arrives or goes off as a bomb. Fire the Melta the whole way, at the very least clearing out everything near the enemy's feet or punishing anything that didn't take AC.

That's a cool idea using the claw.

So how would everyone equip the warlord?

2x Quake Cannons 2x S:D LasBlasters.

Or:

1x Quake 1x Lascutter 2x S:D Blaster.

The Reaver Volcano Cannon... ehhh. You pay up for it instead of just exchanging, when you could instead get the laser destructor. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. 

Warlords are probably fine to equip however you want, as long as you don't hobble yourself with a double Quake, Plasma or Fist armament. Should probably keep at least one 10" S:D Volcano Cannon blast for that one jerk that wants to blind your titan.

Or you can go full Hesh Kadesh and equip with double Saturnyne Lascutters and the one-shot incendiaries. Let loose with the missiles turn one and then just march on.

That's a cool idea using the claw.

So how would everyone equip the warlord?

The best for killing Titans at range seems to be:

x2 Belicosa Volcano Cannons

x2 Reaver Titan Laser blasters

This also the dick set up, and IMO doesn't seem like it would be fun to play or play against.

My set up has:

Saturnyne Lascutter

Sunfury Plasma Annihilator. 

x2 Reaver Titan Laser Blasters

Since carapace weapons on the warlord cannot be used within 24" on anything other than superheavies/gargantuan creatures it is a good idea to make them your titan killing weapons. In this case, the 6 D blasts from duel Reaver Laster Blasters. 

For my arms, I choose the lasercutter because It gives the warlord some teeth in cc with other super heavies and a nice template to boot, the Sunfury is just there to harass the enemy infantry.

If you want to troll Infantry, I'd go with the Quake Cannon.

Usually playing with a Warlord means that you probably have the space to lob the thing a good enough distance where the Quake Rule for it actually comes into play. And with its Template Size, especially on T1, thats the potential for a lot of units to just get stuck crawling forward...

And with some armies capitalizing on speed, being able to "NOT TODAY" them with it is pretty great in my eyes.

Its also still a D Weapon in the Centre of the Marker so can still straight up "NOPE" things.

And with 360" Range, you can Nope things from pretty far away; even outranging the 240" on Basilisks!....the rare times where that would come into play...

Otherwise I'm in agreement with the LasBlasters and Lascutter.

Also what's the best way to take down void shields? I'm honestly more worried about that than anything else considering that I have little in the way of taking them down without sacrificing my entire AT allotment.

I'm almost considering taking an auto cannon squad due to their usefulness in taking down shields.

Drop Pod Melta Squads in.

Void-Shields are still affected by Melta so a Squad of 10 can probably easily strip the 6 Shields off a Warlord Easy Peasy.

Even dropping in a Dual Stormcannon leviathan in a pod at its shins and just going DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA at it would be enough.

Those ~300 point Sacrifices arent much when its used to take down a 3k point behemoth.

Otherwise just use S6+ High RoF weapons.

Imperial Fists Culverins can be useful in this Regard since they have Tank Hunters.

Archived