2.5k Solar Auxilia

exsanguis

Hey guys,

So I've been tempted (again!) by the idea of doing an SA army for something different to the hordes of Space Marines I play against and own myself. The idea is that this is a regiment operating alongside my Legion force in a support role. My theme is that it's a small Expeditionary Fleet operating on the fringes of known space so that I can justify playing my metas Tau, Eldar and Necrons. This is what I have come up with so far:

HQ

Auxilia Tank Commander x2

1 for the Malcador, 1 for the Vanquisher. They are here to primarily hunt super heavies and enemy armour.

Lord Marshal - AA, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs, Cyber Familiar

The head honcho. This guy goes with the Household Retinue in the lascannon Dracosan and hunts enemy elites.

TROOPS

Lasrifle Section

Aegis Line - Ammo Dump

Lasrifle Section

Aegis Line - Ammo Dump

These guys hold the fort. The Ammo Dump is there to give them re-rolls on their 36" Lasguns. They each get a Medicae. I don't expect these guys to move at all.

Veletaris Section - Shroud Bombs, Prime with Melta Bombs & Power Fist

Dracosan - Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Pintle Multi-laser

These guys support the Lord Marshal and his retinue. They can also camp an objective if necessary.

ELITES

Rapier Battery x3 - Quad Mortars

Need no explanation! Though I wonder if they should be Laser Destroyers or Grav Cannons?

Medicae Detachment

1 for each of the Lasrifle Sections and 1 for the Lord Marshal's Retinue.

Household Retinue - Shroud Bombs, Power Axes, Prime with Melta Bombs

Dracosan - Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Pintle ML

The other big threat. These guys will seek out and destroy enemy elites. If it's a big death star of Termies they can (hopefully) be softened up by the Veletaris Dracosan's demo cannon.

FAST ATTACK

Vanquisher - Lascannon, Armoured Ceramite

1 Tank Commander goes here. I could even outflank to get rear shots, though I like the idea of him just sitting back and blasting away. If he was going to outflank I'd probably make him an Exterminator.

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x Medusas

Self-explanatory. They will sit back and blast things to bits.

Malcador Heavy Tank - Lascannon Sponsons, Hull-mounted Lascannon, Twin-linked Lascannon, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Pintle Multi-laser, Siege Armour

My primary heavy hitter. The other Tank Commander goes here. As I have no real AA, I could use this guy and the Vanquisher in a pinch to try and down flyers. Thankfully flyers are rare in my meta!

TOTAL: 2495

What do y'all think? I'd love to whack a Stormhammer in there at some point, just because it looks so beastly and has a truly ridiculous amount of guns. I look forward to your comments!

I would put tank commander in a stormlord

He's got no plans to assault, though. Aside from the two dracosians, which totals 21 men.

It seems solid to me. I've yet to finish my SA so I haven't playtested them, but with the Malcador anchoring the lasrifles, quads and meduas? Solid firebase, then you have the Veletarii/Household to counter-charge.

Archived