Multiple CC Weapons and Gladius Invictus

Landrick

I can't remember where to find the rules regarding a model with multiple close combat weapons. I know that the model must pick the weapon they are using that phase, and all their attacks use that weapon's profile. However, what about special rules?

The Gladius Invictus has 2 rules stating the following:

Shield-mocker: Enemy models may not claim saves of any kind that are derived from carried shields, etc..

Duellist's Edge: When fighting in a challenge, the user gain +1 to Init

My question is, on a Praetor armed with the Gladius and a Paragon blade, on a turn he attacks with the paragon blade for AP 2, do the special rules still work?

P.S. Regardless, this model will look awesome :D

That is an interesting question 

Im fairly certain that they do not. 

I would cite the fact that when a model is armed with two close combat weapons with different profiles they must choose which to attack with unless another rule states otherwise. 

Stuff like Attacking with your paragon blade which has instant death on a 6 str +2  and ap2 those are all inherent to that particular weapon 

Then say you also had a sol gauntlet which is str x2 master crafted  you only get master crafted when using the Sol Gauntlet and you would only get the instant death on a 6 witht he sol gauntlet 

Though I am hesitant to just come out and say no because stuff like the  one saber thingy exists and people read it to meant hat you get +1 I in a challenge even when you arent using it. 

I  will wait for Hesh or Slips to comment on this since they have a better grasp of the rules than I do 

interesting question again 

Yeah, i am just not sure which rules confer to the model as a whole, and which are specific to the weapon.

If the rule is in the weapon profile it is part of the weapon and only applies when the model attacks with that weapon.

Well if you have a guy with a powerfists and a lightning claw, do you get shred on the powerfists attacks?

Shred only applies to the claw attacks. Now if it's something magical/warp related like the killstreaks axe in khorne daemonkin, then its believable that it's increasing the characters base profile (making his attacks ap2, etc. Because chaos)

Archived