[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

So im planning to make a ravenwing list. Jetbike praetor with jetbike squad, all with acid rounds. 2 outrider squads all with plasma repeaters. Attack bike squad with acid rounds, maybe another with meltas to pull anti-tank duty. Xiphon for AA. Kharybdis with termie squad just to cause issues. Tack on DA specific units and such when they come out.

Hi guys, sorry if this seems obvious but i am hesitant to commit to any Legion properly at the moment, but..

Is the Iron Wing playable? Like do you think it will make for a great army to play?

Also, is there ANY iconography for them, do we know paint scheme or anything?

I'm not sold on plasma repeater outriders. Assuming they're even legal (I'd love better/any pictures of our rules), Outriders are already twin linked, so you're buying an extra shot at close range in exchange for shorter maximum range. I like them much better on Tactical Support Squads in a Dreadclaw Drop Pod, or in especially in Zone Mortalis.

I'm really excited by the Ironwing possibilities with Vindicator Laser Destroyer Squadrons. And the special ammo on heavy bolters sounds like it may make our jet bikes great. I'm glad I have a pack of hand-less graviton guns so I can mount them under my landspeeders, though the MkVII armor will be an eyesore.

@erren you can just grab some BAC torsos and helmets from ebay.

I just realized that DA have arguably the best melee solution to mechanicus robots. Grab a praevian with either Vorax or Castellax, buy the mc hunter rule, then grab the Terranic Greatsword. Or grab the ravenwing ROW and give a consul rad grenades. Congratulations on instakilling MCs.

RavenWingProtocols RoW is AWESOME!

Seek and Destroy (unless I'm mistaken) is very, very powerfull:blink.:

Wait. How do we deal with tanks with this RoW? 

Graviton guns on Land Speeders. Can go up to 5 per squadron. Might need 2 squadrons depending on how Spartan-heavy your local meta is. If you can afford to wait till turn 2 or 3 to kill it, then Lightnings coming in from reserve can blow up anything.

So the RW rite says only LoWs allowed are fliers. Meaning no primarch in the detachment. Is there any way around that, like multiple AoD detachments?

Well I mean that's not really a problem for a while considering the lion doesn't have rules yet. There's not really a way around it unless the lion can have a jetbike.

So the RW rite says only LoWs allowed are fliers. Meaning no primarch in the detachment. Is there any way around that, like multiple AoD detachments?

Well I mean that's not really a problem for a while considering the lion doesn't have rules yet. There's not really a way around it unless the lion can have a jetbike.

Jetbike Johnson confirmed.

In all reality though they probably haven't even started on his rules yet.

Itll be all updated when we get book... 8 or 9.

Suoer hoping for a massive RoW dump. I want the dread wing for mega destroyers.

Terranic Greatsword. The name itself almost sold me on DA. But I need more pictures. Moar!

If DA terminators get greatswords as weapons, Thats it.

Anyone seen any image of DA on mk4 just to have an idea?

Edited by Sete

Terranic Greatsword. The name itself almost sold me on DA. But I need more pictures. Moar!

If DA terminators get greatswords as weapons, Thats it.

Anyone seen any image of DA on mk4 just to have an idea?

Terminators:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/834a0687e77db2c05809b264912130d8_zpsz06xtycw.jpg

mkIV/3/2

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/9c94b1c855e92061103d0cccce7ecba9_zpsc28e442d.jpg

"Terranic greatsword" ;)

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/d4ac06294b88403fab8186d07affdfb7_zpsf1ignwbn.jpg

Been a while since I took up the paint and pics.

I've been thinking about our special equipment and the only thing I see is despair.

- Blades of Caliban

- Terranic Greatsword

Ap3. That's really sad because our characters are less effective in challanges. Why? Because (unless paragon blade is available) you don't stand a chance vs artificer armour opponent. And when you take fist/axe/hammer to crack open that 2+ etc. you do not benefit from Mastery of the Blade:furious: . Terranic GS is lovely weapon vs mechanicum for certain but when fighting agains astartes armies in my opinion is near to useless.

- Plasma repeater

It's available only to units with an option to take plasma gun. And these units are: veteran tactical squads, support squads and (not sure it's legal) outrider squads. And that's it.

Veterans will not take it because acid and stasis shells are available, besides plasma repeater has EXTREMELY short range which works neither with "assault" nor "sniper" configuration. And it's salvo.

I can't see it on support squads either because (as mentioned before) it's 6" range when moving is ridiculous. Seriously: 6"/12" range for a plasma support squad?:sad.:

- Stasis shells (missle)

Available to veterans and heavy support squads. No, destroyers can't take them because their missle launchers are used with rad missles only.

I can see definitely see stasis shells in veteran tacticals squads. On a heavy support squads it's a waste. So basically one unit.

- Stasis shells (grenade)

Things look better here: almost every character can use combiweapon and that means at least one charge per unit with stasis into. Nothing to complain here.

- Molecular Acid Shells

Great item. :tongue.:

Now, what is the point of special equipment that almost no units can have?  Why termintors can't exchange plasma blaster for plasma repeater? They are the only unit that can make a good use of short range salvo weapon.

Why vehicles with missle launchers cannot take stasis shells?

Why bl

Guess what the most Common Armor Save of an MC is? 3+

So with Ap3, Instant Death At-Initiative, your Consul/Preator is the bane of Mechanicum Stompy Robots Everywhere; though they still get a 5++ in some cases.

Fits the Monster Hunter theme.

Edited by Slipstreams

I've been thinking about our special equipment and the only thing I see is despair.

- Blades of Caliban

- Terranic Greatsword

Ap3. That's really sad because our characters are less effective in challanges. Why? Because (unless paragon blade is available) you don't stand a chance vs artificer armour opponent. And when you take fist/axe/hammer to crack open that 2+ etc. you do not benefit from Mastery of the Blade:furious: . Terranic GS is lovely weapon vs mechanicum for certain but when fighting agains astartes armies in my opinion is near to useless.

Aren't one of the blades rending though? So you can go for the rend maybe? Striking first.

Unfortunately not. :sad.:

Edited by rendingon1+

I like it pretty well on Centurions/Consuls. The Paragon Blade is nicer (also more expensive), but that's not available to others. Also, my most common opponent plays Mechanicum, so all this stuff looks amazing to me :biggrin.:

Edited by Erren

I like it pretty well on Centurions/Consuls. The Paragon Blade is nicer (also more expensive), but that's not available to others. Also, my most common opponent plays Mechanicum, so all this stuff looks amazing to me :biggrin.:

Lucky you :) My opponents are EC, DG and Alphas.

And I just read DG got 4+ FnP vs posion :tongue.:

Guess what the most Common Armor Save of an MC is? 3+

So with Ap3, Instant Death At-Initiative, your Consul/Preator is the bane of Mechanicum Stompy Robots Everywhere; though they still get a 5++ in some cases.

Fits the Monster Hunter theme.

Pair it with a Praevian with Monster Hunter or a ravenwing consul with rad grenades and re rolls and it's even better!

I feel with the Dark angles legion rules and statis missiles, it could make a decent veteran melee squad. Don't know if the carabine blades are exclusively for characters, but furious charge, power swords and the missiles could work. Can hit and wound elite units on +3, go before them and go through armour. Could see it work on a smaller 2+ armour unit as you drown them in attacks.

Would the legion rules also make assault marines more effective?

Veterans are veeeery efficient MEQ killers with the DA rules.

Acid heavy bolters, smattering of calibanite blades, furious charge.

You hit on a 3+ and kill on a 2+ in Combat.

Sarge is a problem of course but I suppose you could always sniper and hope for ap2 and precision shots...