Nathaniel Garro (count as)

Crablezworth

I agree with AlphariusOmegon here : there's a heck of a lot of mold lines left on the model, and little left over bits on the cape and sword as well, that will show up badly when the model is painted. You might also want to trim the sword's handle down a bit, it looks very long at the moment.

Other then that, good conversion idea and well rendered. He'd look good on a 40k battlefield as well, not just heresy :)

Looking great. I just think the hilt is too long for the sword. I don't think the guard fits well with a two-handed weapon either. Those types of guards are usually used with one-handed swords.

I don't remember reading that Garro had a penchant for walking into battle helmetless. At least clamp one to his armour.

I think it looks great, considering the pieces you were working with.

The long sword handle befits a two handed blade, and the lack of helmet is definitely a non issue lol.

Even the mighty primarchs disdain helmets (so far).

I think it looks great, considering the pieces you were working with.

The long sword handle befits a two handed blade, and the lack of helmet is definitely a non issue lol.

Even the mighty primarchs disdain helmets (so far).

You can definitely keep the same handle, but in that case, I'd make the blade a bit longer with some greenstuff :)

Also, the guard's hand protection means that he could move his grip if needed, so I don't think that's a problem either.

Also, the guard's hand protection means that he could move his grip if needed, so I don't think that's a problem either.

It certainly is better than that glaive encarmine, but still a double edged blade with a non symmetrical guard looks weird to me. Additionally those guards with more hand protection were usually used when the wielder was not expecting to wear gauntlets.

Schiavona:

http://www.sword.cz/schiavona1.jpg

Though I see what you mean, double-edged blades with extra hand protection are actually relatively common in the era of the rapier, at least on the battle-field.

Double-handed swords with those kinds of intricate guards are much less common, but Rule of Cool wins out in this instance for me tongue.png

EDIT : also, apart from the blade being disproportionately large on those Glaive Encarmines, and the guard perhaps being a bit thick, I've never really had a problem with that model.

Sure, I forgot about those, those are one-handed weapons though. What I mainly meant was the combination of two-handed use, hand-protecting guard and double edged blade, particularly the combination of the hand protection and two-handed use.

Well for me rule of cool does not win out, because I don't think it looks cool. I think it looks awkward and impractical. Those are not adjectives I would attribute to the Pre-heresy era.

The knuckles of both hands don't always align depending on what you do with a two-handed weapon. Those intricate guards would limit the movement possibilities quite a bit, I think.

Sure, I forgot about those, those are one-handed weapons though. What I mainly meant was the combination of two-handed use, hand-protecting guard and double edged blade, particularly the combination of the hand protection and two-handed use.

Well for me rule of cool does not win out, because I don't think it looks cool. I think it looks awkward and impractical. Those are not adjectives I would attribute to the Pre-heresy era.

The knuckles of both hands don't always align depending on what you do with a two-handed weapon. Those intricate guards would limit the movement possibilities quite a bit, I think.

I've only wielded up to a bastard sword, so you might be right for larger ones. For the Glaive that might well be an issue, as you say. For Crablezworth's sword, I think it's okay, since the guard only extends far enough to cover the right hand.

Its shaping to be a pretty good conversion there brother! One thing I dont like though is the Inquisition insignia just "floating". It looks like bling on him (lol), so advising to fill the back portion up to level with it.

Archived