First Superheavy

Gideon999

Hey everyone!

So a couple of friends I play 40k with are getting into 30k.   I have a LARGE 40k space marine army, so I am reading the books looking for good synergy to allow me to use the maximum amount of my 40k army for 30k without having to spend a million dollars.

One thing that stood out to me though are the superheavies.   I dont own a single one so far at all, not even a knight, so I was looking for some ideas on which ones are worth taking, but with the caveat that they are ALSO legal choices for 40k as well as 30k.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

The Fellblade is my personal favorite, it's just such an awesome model and not a super heavy you could go wrong with as it has lots of firepower. Typhoon is probably the best choice for normal size games however, it's main gun is just incredibly powerful. The glaive is also pretty cool, though I've never tried it and it's rather expensive. Falchion is probably your go to choice if you need to deal with other super heavies a lot, it's one of the best sources of s D. 

The Fellblade is my personal favorite, it's just such an awesome model and not a super heavy you could go wrong with as it has lots of firepower. Typhoon is probably the best choice for normal size games however, it's main gun is just incredibly powerful. The glaive is also pretty cool, though I've never tried it and it's rather expensive. Falchion is probably your go to choice if you need to deal with other super heavies a lot, it's one of the best sources of s D. 

Sadly, the Glaive isn't 40k Compatible because Volkite.

Yeah, I really want something that is officially "40k approved" so to speak.   I enjoy playing tournaments, so having legal forgeworld models for both epoch's is key.

I hadnt seen the fellblade in 40k, is there somewhere that shows a list of the "40k approved" stuff somewhere?

Man, so many books needed....  argh, lol

I took a quick look around google and though the typhon looks pretty good (basically a giant vindicator), the fellblade just seems too awesome to pass up.

Anyone had any experience fielding both though?   Id be curious to hear a bit about their tabletop performance (as is so often with this hobby, things that look good on paper often do not behave that way on the table).

Imperial Armour volume two Second Edition: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes is the main book for any crossover.

SHVs include the Cerberus, Typhon, Fellblade, Thunderhawk, Thunderhawk Transporter.

Stormblade for crazy plasma blast gun antics. Did you want your enemies dead or double dead? Horde army? Pah they can succumb to glorious overkill rapid shot. Anything that's left can eat heavy bolter. And 2 Lascannon shots just for giggles

Archived