Need advise for my task force.

Brendaen

Coming up with a 2000 point list for an upcoming narrative themed league. It will be an expedition task force setting up a stronghold on a newly unexplored world.

Primary detachment will be an Emperor's Wrath detachment (Bassies and Wyrvens) Warlord will sit safely in his Chimera with the Artillery behind an Aegis.

An Emperor's Blade detachment will be my exploratory force (object holders) with Chimeras and Tauroxes..

I need a 3rd detachment to protect my backfield, Artillery and Warlord.

Would I be better served with an Emperor's Shield platoon detachment to bubble wrap the Artillery, an allied detachment of a Commisar Lord and two Veteran squads with special weapons and a heavy weapons team each, or an allied detachment with a Commissar Lord, one basic infantry platoon, and a scouting veteran's squad?

I'm really like the Commisar Lord, just for fluffy reasons. He would probably sit with my War Lord to help protect him..

Any advice would be helpful...

The Emperor's Shield platoon is honestly pretty terrible. It's incredibly unwieldy and-most importantly-lacks Objective Secured. However, I'd use it over veteran squads just in terms of number of bodies to protect your stuff.

I personally would try to drop points somewhere and put in a CCS and two infantry platoons. Before upgrades, that's only 320 points. The way I'd run them, about 390-400.

I was leaning toward the Commissar Lord, an Infantry platoon, and a veterans squad.

We were encouraged to create fluffy lists.

The Commissar Lord with my Warlord.

Infantry platoon to protect the Artillery. Platoon Commander can man the Quad gun (BS4).

A Veteran squad with Camo in some cover securing an objective.

Simple, Fluffy, and I have all the models....

Archived