3k terror assault with curze

Scarsminimadness

Hey all,

After so many weeks of reading and trying to find a nice balance I came up with this list and would like some critics from you all! :)

HQ (130pts)

- Legion Centurion (165pts)

[Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive, Refractor Field, Trophies of Judgement, Scimitar jetbike]

Consul [Chaplain]

Troops (800pts)

- Terror Squad (265pts)

[9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger]

Headsman

[Melta Bombs, Power Weapon

- Terror Squad (265pts)

Headsman

[Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

- Terror Squad (270pts)

Headsman

[Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Elites (750pts)

- Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (280pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought

[Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Extra Armour, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, 2x Melta Gun]

- Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (280pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought

[Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Extra Armour, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, 2x Melta Gun]

- Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (190pts)

[Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Fast Attack (635pts)

- Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (315pts)

[Melta Bombs, 2x Multi-Melta, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters]

Sky Hunter Sergeant

[Power Weapon]

- Night Raptor Squad (320pts)

[9x Night Raptor, Nostraman Chainglaive, Pair of Lightning Claws, 2x Power Weapon]

Huntmaster

[Pair of Lightning Claws]

Heavy Support (210pts)

- Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts)

[Reaper Autocannon battery]

Lord of War (435pts)

Konrad Curze (435pts)

Master of the Legion

[Terror Assault]

Ave Dominus Nox brother, always good to see more Night Lords. 

I think your list is pretty solid, you really can't go wrong with curze in a terror assault list. You might suffer vs heavy armor lists, but that's always a problem for terror assault. One thing you can do to fix that is take dual graviton instead of dual melta on both contemptors. In the armored ceramite age of HH, meltas are fairly sub par, graviton on the other hand has a good chance of doing damage to any vehicle regardless of armor value, miles better then a melta. The one downside is range, which you can fix with pods if you can find the points somewhere, maybe by dropping some jetbikes even though that unit is rather good support for the rest of the army. 

He's already got pods, so that's got graviton range covered! :)

Yeah, despite how they tend to be somewhat cookie-cutter, your Terror Assault list is pretty solid actually. Apart from seconding Lord Asvaldir's graviton suggestion, I have very little to add.

Given the Chaplain he has a free power weapon, you could probably drop his Nostraman chainglaive and spend the 15 points elsewhere - maybe melta bombs for the Headsmen? Otherwise, I'd find points for a Terror Squad Drop Pod, to make 3 in the list - perfect for getting both Contemptors where you want them Turn 1.

Very solid list, small nitpicks, you would benefit more from giving the chainglaives to the seargent instead due to his extra attacks. maybe get rid of the MM on the jetbikes. You could also change the dual kheres contemptor for a Mortis. I also second lord asvaldir in giving grav to you contemptors instead of regular melta.

Thanks for all the comments guys! :D

I'll change the contemptors to grav
I like to have some MM vs normal tanks like preds and such that dont have armored ceramite or kill contemptors that i don't want to get stuck with in cc or need to get killed on range.
Also thanks for the power weapon thing you pointed out on the Chaplain (feel stupid i even made that mistake haha)
I'll try and fit in an extra pod, only thing i would like to know before i go there:

If a terror squad takes a pod can they start in the pod? or do they still need to infiltrate? meaning i have to drop an empty pod? or is it possible to go with 9 and add the chappy to them? Or drop only the chappy in it and join the terrors when dropped close?

Thanks in advance! :)

Don't feel stupid! I stuff up all the time. :)

Terror Assault stipulates that if they buy Drop Pods, Terror Squads must start embarked. You could drop one guy and have the Chaplain join them, but the Night Raptors will benefit from him more. Hatred re-rolls for the squad and Curze? Hellz yes!

Archived