Sevatar, Terror Squad and Drop Pod question

Wolfbiter

Ok, so I've been seeing a lot of discussion in the Night Lords threads arguing that Sevatar can't join Terror Squads during deployment because Infiltrators deploy last, even if the squad doesn't infiltrate. But what if the squad starts in a drop pod? Wouldn't he be able to start in the pod with them normally? Provided there are less than 10 in the squad of course.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/40K_The_Rules_v1.1_Dec15.pdf

Page 166 - Independent Character, Independent Characters and Infiltrate Change this sentence to read: ‘An Independent Character without the Infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment, and vice versa.’

Combined Reserve Units
During deployment, when deciding which units are kept as Reserves, you must specify if any of the Independent Characters in Reserve are joining a unit, in which case they must arrive together.

No, Sevatar cannot join a unit of Terror Squad at any point. 

I've not got a problem in Sev's damage output for his cost. He's a bit of a glass cannon while a similarly priced Praetor is a bit more tanky. But that said, his utility is none existent. Giving Acute Senses to drop pod units while Terminators are being asked to DS close to him from T2 onwards when he should be in CC. 

Wow, that really sucks. So much for my Terror Assault list, then.

Wait, though...I thought there was also a specific listing stating that Apothecaries can join Terror Squads. If they don't have Infiltrate, by the same logic that wouldn't be possible either, correct?

They aren't independent characters, and the process is different. A unit only needs to have one model to have infiltrate to be able to do it.

One of my problems is that they have this long complicated rule structure to let infiltrate trigger with nested exceptions and contraallowances, when all it needed was to require all models in the unit to have it.

Potatoes.

Archived