Another Terror Assault list - 2000pts

TheGrandLizard

Hello guys. I've been lurking for a few months and this is my first post (finally got signed up). In this time I've been working on my Night Lords list. I think it's fairly standard and solid. All that concerns me is the lack of AA. Apart from that I think I just need someone to stoke my hair and tell me its all going to be alright.

I have no idea what my local meta is like as I'm still reaching out to 30k players in my area. But I would like take this to Warhammer World for one of their 30k tournaments. I'm not particularly attached to anything but I really don't like Deredreos.

Anyway enough waffle, onto what you came for.

+++ Terror (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (240pts) +

Legion Praetor (240pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement, Void Shield Harness, Volkite Serpenta]

Master of the Legion [Terror Assault]

+ Troops (800pts) +

Terror Squad (300pts) [9x Executioner, Legion Drop Pod, 10x Volkite Charger]

Headsman [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Terror Squad (200pts) [4x Executioner, Legion Drop Pod, 5x Volkite Charger]

+ Elites (525pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (270pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Legion Terminator Squad (255pts) [2x Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Teleportation Transponder, Terminator Armour, 4x Volkite Charger]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Nostraman Chainglaive, Volkite Charger]

+ Fast Attack (320pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (320pts) [2x Meltagun, 9x Night Raptor, 2x Power Weapon]

Huntmaster [Artificer Armour, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Heavy Support (115pts) +

Deathstorm Drop Pod (115pts) [Drop Pod Assault special rule]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VIII: Night Lords]

It looks okay, you have quite a few "wasted" points in pistols and guns that aren't really needed.

I'm not sure if your deathstar is strong enough to be honest. I would suggest 3 more weapons on it. Eithe chain glaives or axes.

My biggest concern is that you have no good way of getting people out of light transports let alone heavy transports. Not being able to pop rhinos will leave your terror squads open to a lot of retaliation.

I think you have a good base but I think it can be made better!

So first off, you've got anti armor, unlike quite a few terror assualt lists, however I feel like you don't have enough of it. Most people will armored ceramite in their lists which means those melta guns are useless unless you hit their rear. You only have those graviton guns on your contemptor which aren't enough I'm afraid.

I think that the deathstorm won't do much. It will provide some pinning S5 blasts but you've already got a boat load of S5 and pinning won't do enough. Although I love CHOOOM, I would advise you get rid of the volkites on the terminator and praetor. You've already got enough CHOOOM through your terror marines. It also saves a lot of points.

Now that you have 185 points free I would advise that you either invest into a sicarian or a vindicator tank destroyer. The sicarian seems like a better bet though, because it's fast so it can keep up wht your list and it deal with flyers like you were afraid of. Also if you are afraid of superheavys you can grab a venator if you give up digital lasers.

With regards towards your question of flyers I believe you will be okay unless you gave a fire raptor. Flyers aren't all that popular in 30k.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the pointers guys. I appreciate all the advice.

I could only see the single 5pt pistol as an extra so I'm not sure where you mean, Tychii?

ThatOneMarshall,I see what you mean by all the S5. My main thinking behind the deathstorm was to make the number of pods odd. I also figured it was unusual and annoying for the opponent to have in their backfield.

Would you recommend keeping the terminators or dropping them all together in favour of something else? They'd pay for the Sicarian and some more bodies for the Terror squads. - Scrap that, 1HS Slot.

I would consider getting rid of those terminators, although I understand if you don't because rule of cool.

Hmm If you want something that unusual and annoying I would consider a leviathan. However you would have to change a ton of things for that. I would consider changing the terminators for a legion dreadnought with dual grav and drop pod. Boring I know but it gets the job done.

If you want to keep the deathstorm I would consider giving it krak instead. At least it handles the big guys that way.

Also if you don't like the look of the deredo there's an easy conversion I found, though it's a little more expensive. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/316632-casual-30k-hobby-challenge-december-15/page-6 scroll for 1000 sons

I do have to say that it's quite hard to make a terror assault list at 2000 points!

I'm really lothed to get rid of the terminators. But I'll build them anyway and use them at a later date. Or more likely get the parts and let them sit around for years.

The comment about a Leviathan got me thinking so I knocked up a revised list. I also dropped some volkite and upped the raptors power weapons. But I'm really not sure about that.

And I know what you mean about 2k being too few points. I considered POTL but didnt feel like I had enough bodies. Too many DS'ing Terminators.

+++ Terror2 (1995pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1995pts) ++

+ HQ (240pts) +

Legion Praetor (240pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement, Void Shield Harness, Volkite Serpenta]

Master of the Legion [Terror Assault]

+ Troops (775pts) +

Terror Squad (175pts) [4x Executioner, Legion Drop Pod]

+ Elites (270pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (270pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

+ Fast Attack (345pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (345pts) [2x Meltagun, 9x Night Raptor, 4x Power Weapon]

Huntmaster [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Heavy Support (365pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (365pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Phosphex Discharger, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VIII: Night Lords]

@onemarshel,

I love you, that deredeo made from a decimator is totally happening for me, thank you for showing me how to use my decimator chassis.

If you don't like the raptor squad you can get ride of them and change the praetor, but I rather like raptors and use them as a solid hammer unit. With a lot of distractions running around, I find the raptors hit the targets I want them to, and give the enemy a very potent threat to deal with

Archived