Ultramarines 2500 points (BaC content)

marvmoogy

Hi all - HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

I've just been playing around with the HH-era army lists and have had my first crack at a list.  It's based on the bits I have from BaC with a few planned additions.  I'm hoping that you will be able and willing to point out glaring mistakes and stupid ideas!!

Before I post the list, I haven't included any vehicles here.  As of yet, I'm not planning on purchasing any specifically for the legion, but I do have a Fire Raptor, Spartan, Caestus Ram and a Fellblade to call upon if needed.  That said, I'm just concentrating on the infantry idea at the moment.  This will be the backbone of the force and specific units to fill gaps (like transports, LoWs etc) will be added to fit the battle at hand.

So, without further ado...

Robute Guilliman

Praetor (Terminator, Combi-melta & chainfist)

Chaplain (Plasma pistol)

Honoured Telemechrus

Invictarus Suzerain squad (x5)

Veteran Tactical Squad (Snipers, Vexila, Melta gun, missile launcher, artificier armour sergeant)

Legion Tactical Squad (Vexilla, additional combat blades)

Legion Tactical Support Squad (9x melta & combi-melta)*

Legion Heavy Support Squad (10 x Volkite Culverins)

Breacher Squad

By my maths, that brings me to 2462 points, so a few to play with...probably in the form of additional marines to the Tactical Squad.

So, what do you think as the infantry backbone to my Ultras?

Cheers, 

Marv

Truth be told an infantry list with no mass deep strike, infiltrate or plenty of transports is just bad. You can't get to objectives, and all your short range/assault units will just get whittled down too much before they can do anything. You've just got too much infantry with almost no support.

Now you can make a list that's mostly infantry based, you just need to grab rhinos for your squads to get them closer,and probably a land raider for the suzerians. I'd drop the breachers, drop the heavy support squad down to 6-8ish and the tactical support squad. That gives you pts for transports and some room to play around with better anti tank choice which you seriously lack. Since you don't want many vehicles, I'd recommend graviton cannon rapiers, they are quite solid.

Archived