Meltas in 30k ?

GreyCrow

Hello guys !

So, out of curiosity, how useful in your battlefield experience have meltas been ? With all the easy access to Armoured Ceramite, I'm surprised that my meta is relatively light on these upgrades, and I was curious about yours.

Cheers !

I have a five man melta support squad that is always taken if my opponent is running contemptors... especially if they're Mortis and I have my Fire Raptor.

They still have a place in the game. But in 30K they're not a turn 1 dead Land Raider good.

I was thinking the same thing. Even without the extra D6, strength 8 and AP 1 still very good at busting mid to low armoured targets. Land Raiders still present an issue though.

I feel they are quite expensive for what they can do due to the amount of armoured ceremite coupled with the fact they can't even Mark flare shields.

AV 14/flare shields always present an issue though however grav is an ok counter. For similar points I'd sooner take 3 rappiers instead

I run Orbital Assault Alpha Legion Tank Hunters with Dynat, and S8 AP1 reroll to penetrate shooting with +3 to damage has its role. I don't need Grav as much because I'm going to be dropping in assault range usually anyway (although it is still useful to soften up a backfield typhon by Chainfist legion dropdreads before they assault)

I use Meltapreds as FNP/Terminator removal if I'm not taking Medusa and Typhon.

A jetbike squad with a multimelta throws a shot out which can hurt targets of opportunity (such as the one time I've seen one cause the death of a Knight and its resultant supernova killing 400pts of its own dudes), while acting as a fast late game denial unit AND meltabomb equipped med tank hunter.

Few Dreads take Armoured Ceramite; Outriders with TL Melta cause them consternation.

Archived