Myers Briggs Personality types for Primarchs (and frater)

disease

I definitely see your framework more clearly now and it makes sense. It's true that NPs types aren't very prevalent in military fiction, especially a "persistent" setting like 30-40k and probably even less so in the Imperium faction considered how much it hates change.

It's definitely hard to balance the ruleset of a game and a setting however, when you allows unbridled change to take place :p

Entei (or anyone that can answer my question), I had something in mind that came up recently regarding Te and Ne as primary functions.

If Te is about organizing the environment and Ne is more about understand things for what they are within their environment, how would you think that would affect how a Primarch took command and reshaped his Legion ?

For example, a Te primary individual would probably tend to enforce very clearly his view on warfare and the goals of his Legion. Obviously, all generals must have some form of Te to manage their environment and command orders :p And an Ne primary in a position of generalship would probably accept the characteristics of what is available to him and would try and see what he could do with them as they are, rather than trying to change them and make them do what he wanted them to do.

From a military perspective at least, I imagine that the innovation that Ne types can bring needs to be mainly focused on tactics and strategy. I'm sure they accept technological or philosophical innovation, but what stakeholders would want from innovation is how to take advantage of what is. While a Te would bring efficiency and good management to achieve something specific, especially making people do specific things, an Ne primary would rather invent a novel use to the current units.

Let's look at Corax for example, he remade his Legion into a stealth machine. Is it because he saw they could be good at stealth and capitalized on that ? Or is it because he trained them into being good at stealth and organized them in such a way that they would be good at stealth ? Is the fact that he reformed his Legion a sign of Te mainly ? In Extermination, it is said that "Corax took steps to codify the methods of warfare he had employed against the slaver lords of Lycaeus in a series of tactical and strategic maxims by which the Raven Guard would operate."

That seems to be an example of Te, even though it's probably not Corax's primary function.

So, every military leader needs a well developped Te to be able to command a Legion efficiently. But, I would assume that every Primarch has got super developped cognitive functions anyways which would make the analysis confusing.

But, if I got your point clearly, a Te primary will naturally seek to actually manage and order and control.

Back to Guilliman (yes, this may be getting old but bear with me, but I'm really trying to get the dude right :p ), I feel that the default function he naturally goes towards is about analysis and learning the environment for what it is. But, obviously he has a very well developed Te for managing his Legion, otherwise he would be a sucky Primarch :p (like Lorgar who had a very badly developped Te I imagine).

For instance, could the difference between Te and Ne approach when looking at a Predator be ? :

- Te : I want my Predator Tanks to do this

- Ne : This is a list of what I can do with my Predator Tanks

Seems like this thread really isn't doing much guys, not to rain on your parade but it's just been pages of the same stuff.

Whilst it's great and all I just see this going around in circles for another 4 - pages

Seems like this thread really isn't doing much guys, not to rain on your parade but it's just been pages of the same stuff.

Whilst it's great and all I just see this going around in circles for another 4 - pages

Apparently people don't mind. If this isn't what you like, don't come back to this thread.

Edit: actually on topic: I've gotten ISTP-A

Archived