IW 2500, its missing something...

Galron

Consul Siege Breaker cata, chainfist

10 Tyrant Terminators, 2 chainfists

20x tacticals, sgt with powerfist, AA, melta bombs, vex.

20x tacticals, sgt with powerfist, AA, melta bombs, vex.

2x Apothecaries with auspix scanners

Vet squad x10, 2 Heavy flamers, AA and melta bombs on sgt. rhino w/havok launcher. Sniper

Vet Squad x10, 2 heavy bolters, AA and melta bombs on sgt. rhino w/havok launcher. sniper

Deredeo with autocannons and missile launcher

Sicarian with lascannons

Scorpius

2500 points

I had a game this weekend and while I devastated a 40k DA drop pod company 21 to 2, I felt it was lacking, not in destructive power, but in fun. Now it might have been simply the fact I was playing a DP army so I kind of didnt move alot because he came to me. It seemed like all my interceptor just sat there the whole game and killed green marine after green marine. Note this isnt a super competitive list but I would like to make it a bit better and more fun. My opponent made a major tactical blunder as he concentrated on my Tyrants(who had two intercepting units covering them) while wiffing a lot of his reserve rolls. He mishapped both DSing assault squads and I got to place them right in front of my Interceptors out of cover which was nice, so he had his share of bad luck here.

Pros-

intercepting tac squads are deadly and hard to kill

A Scorpius is flipping mean, it was the #2 MVP and never got more than two shots.

Tyrants are nice bullet sponges.

Sniping heavy bolters are nice.

Negatives-

I didnt feel my flamer vet squad did a whole lot, nor the Sicarian(it wasnt bad, but it kind of just blends in). The Deredeo was kind of disappointing as well, was not putting out the fire I would have expected with it costing as much as it does for 4 autocannon shots.

So I am trying to come up with a replacement for one or two of these. Would Seekers in a rhino be effective?  I am trying to use minimal terminators since I do have an all Termy army as well. I should likely keep the Deredeo just for the occasional skyfire and interceptor.

You could try for a Dreadhead List?

Using 2 10man Tactical, 1 Tyrant Squad, 1 Deredeo and as many other dreadnought types as you could shove in?

Something like:

+++ Dreadhead (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (140pts) +

Legion Centurion (140pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist]
··Consul [siege Breaker]

+ Troops (440pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (220pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (220pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Elites (965pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (410pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Flamer, Twin-linked Volkite Culverin]

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (555pts) [2x Chainfist, 9x Tyrant Terminator]

+ Heavy Support (955pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (370pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (365pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iV: Iron Warriors]

Created with BattleScribe

Seekers in a Rhino with Combi-Weapons is still 10 more Shooty Power-Armored Bodies. Your list already has them and swapping out 10 or more Power Armored Shooters for another 10 of a slightly different flavor probably aren't going to do what you want them to.

It also comes down to the type of list you played against. The Fact that your opponent went full aggro on you knowing you had interceptor bubbles means that he was literally playing into your hands. He should have played you as if you were Tau then it would have been a slightly different game. Instead he played you as if you were standard marines and you just wrecked him hard.

You are better off with quad mortars instead of a deredeo. Sam price, tripöe shots. 3 rounds instead of 2 when downing a fire raptor, but way more deadly against all ground targets.

Kick the hb and the flamers. Heavy flamers only if you go for sniper.

Archived