Building my first Knight...and creating his legend

march10k

Well done! Really want to get back to my Knight now, unfortunately I have this thing called "work" to be doing at the moment :laugh.: How soon until he hits the table top?

Yeah, the Great Blizzaster of 2016 gave me plenty of time to finish it up.  I think it's gonna hit the tabletop in a 30k legions vs nids mega-battle at my LGS on 5 March...not sure if it gets fielded before then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you were right about the Sigmar Comet. It doesn't glare out at you now that everything else is finished.

I like the Thistle, also the pink and teal hydraulics and pistons at the back of the leg/ankle give the knight a sort of fleshy look.

• 4 weeks later...

That's still relatively soon for such a beast, don't forget pictures of it in action :smile.:

Meh...game was yesterday...mega battle with special rules.  He wasn't allowed to come in from reserves until the "queen" (one of three biotitans in a 30k legions versus nids mega-battle) emerged...and so he walked on the table just in time to watch about eight superheavy tanks blast her into obilivion.  The game was great up to that point, and the organizers had a good plan, they'd engineered things so that she'd almost certainly pop up and be immediately locked safely in melee...but she crushed that squad with ease, and was thus open and available to be targeted with rad grenades, enfeeble, and lots and lots of primary weapons and lascannons. Kind of an anti-climactic ending.  It took four hours to trigger her appearance, and one shooting phase to abruptly end the game.    I did have fun mowing down scores of little bugs with boltguns, though :smile.:

I may get another chance to field the knight in a couple of weeks...might not be wise, though, it'd be a mega-battle of imperium versus necrons...all that gauss!  I'm fielding sisters and kasrkin for that one... (edit: in these mega-battles, neither side pays for its lords of war, but the organizer keeps them off the table in the early going, trying to engineer some escalation...it works out pretty well.  In the bug extermination game, both sides started with nothing but basic infantry, had to achieve conditions to bring in reserves, including vehicles, and then superheavies were banned until the queen emerged...only that last bit didn't work out well, the forced escalation was actually great, infantry mattered for a change!)

Edited by march10k