Alternative guardsmen.

GrandMagnus

ATTEN-HUT!

Okay, on to the question. I was looking at the Republic Grenadiers from Anvil Industries* and I think they would look cool for some imperial guard stormtroopers or even veterans with carapace armour (I've always thought a full veteran infantry army would be awesome :D ), but how would you go about 40-ing them? Perhabs giving them regular lasguns and other imperial weapons.

Any other suggestions?

*link: http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/AFTERLIFE/Republic/Republic-Grenadiers

Good, lots of nice suggestions. I browsed a bit more on the AI web-page and I saw the unity council marine corps. I think they might even do better, especially if I just change their arms for regular guardsmen arms, since they aren't as heavily equiped as the republic grenadiers. Now the question would be where to get that many guardsman arms.

*link: http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/AFTERLIFE/Unity-Council/Unity-Council-Marine-Corps

You might want to buy a single test batch first some of them look like the old metal minis. In that the arms/guns are joined to the torso across the front which will make weapon swaps tricky.

Ah, good you mentioned it. I googled the bits and you are indeed correct, the weapons are molded into the torsos. Too bad, guess I will have to consider some other alternatives to the standard cadian/catachan kits.

I've got some squads from Mad Robot on the way. I can post pics if you like when they get here.

Yeah, thanks, that would be great.

I have looked at mad robot before, but since it's a company from the states it can be expensive to send to Spain.

Looking at the kits from MR I think that some CDF legs* combined with the cadia kit and maybe some kind of helmet, like the ones from the AI Rep. grenadiers would look suitably awesome. But quite expensive unsure.png

*http://madrobotminiatures.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_21&products_id=117

EDIT: Ah, I just found out that I can order only the legs of the council marine corps from anvil industries and their helmets, so those combined with regular cadians should look really cool. Problem solved :D

It's worth mentioning that Anvil's figures are NOT GW 40k heroic scale 28mm models, they are quite small. i can't see kitbashing them with Cadians looking great.

Thanks for mentioning that.

Issues of scale aside, I think you could use anvil's stuff without 40k-ization.  Why no aquilas, you ask?  Why not lasguns?  Because they're Planetary Defense Forces...

The idea I had was for a military force serving a Rogue Trader family, so not standard imperial forces but rather a well funded private army, if you know what I mean. Aquilas might still be an important detail since Rogue Traders do "serve" the imperium.

Archived