expanding AM army

Mabin

Hey everybody I am trying to figure out how to expand my AM army effectively for the moment i have the following:

HQ:

Pask in punisher with melta sponsons and lascannon

Company Command Squad with officer of the fleet and master of ordnance, vox with 1 flamer

Lord Commisar (doubling as a normal commisar if needed)

Enginseer

Priest

Troops:

Infantry platoon

2x 10 man with voxcaster and flamer

3 HWT with AC

PCS with vox and one flamer

10 man VET squad - 3 meltas in a Chimera

Fast:

Vendetta 

Heavy:

Wyvern

Leman Russ Vanquisher with lascannon and flamer sponsons (usually in a squad with Pask and getting splitfire and use the PE to reroll the 1's)

Elite:

10 Scions 2 meltas

So I am trying to figure out how to expand...

For now I have one LR not put together yet but thinking about the Eradicator to get another cheap LR in the army 

So what are your thoughts? 

Looks like you need some more troopers, so another 20 of them would give you lots more options for example. A second Wyvern would also be a great addition as they are powerful as a pair, and while Eradicators are potent and cheap that might be an addition for a bit later as you have plenty of anti-personnel already. Maybe something more straight forward like a normal battle tank Russ? Again something better with a buddy to form a strong and flexible core.

Are there any particular models/approaches you're considering? For example a couple of Demolishers have almost earned a permanent place in my lists recently!

I have discovered from playing around in my local meta that AV12 spam is often the most competitive I can run my guard. (I still lose 90%, but I have fun, so whatever.) So that usually means a tank commander HQ, minimum two vet squads in chimeras, and season to taste with artillery and fast attack options.

More infantry is always a good addition, especially if you want to use the new Mont'Ka formations.

The models are a bit old now, but I have found Ratlings especially useful for plinking wounds from MCs, or getting lucky and forcing saves against a warlord embedded in a unit.

That's a pretty solid starting list

I'm with WF maybe more boots

Another vet squad with taroux with melta and hflamer

Another 10 man squad would let you put the ACs into them too. Cheaper way to run them and provides bubble wrap.

Alternatively if you get yourself a copy of the new AM formations supplement you could work towards one of them.

The emperors wrath artillery company or the one with 3 mounted vets and mounted ccs with hellhound aren't bad ones either.

If you're itching for another tank I'd suggest a executioner to run with pask. If you magnetize it (which is easy enough and there's a how to on the forum) you can also rock it as a demolisher too

okay so what I am getting is... get more INF! extra infantry platoon and one more VET squad

was actually getting my mind on the "Emperors fist armoured company) just because I love the idea of my enemy trembling from the sight of my armour! MUHAHA :D 

so if i was to do that what 5 should i get like all in all? my thought:

Pask in punisher lascannon and melta sponson with executioner buddy - dealing with 2+, 3+ INF and small vehicles

2 seperate Vanquishers with HF sponsons and lascannon - dealing with enemy Vehicles

1  Leman Russ Battle tank with HB sponsons and hull HF- to lay down some extra fire were needed

any thoughts? 

Archived